009 Distributor

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDD 106G

Reaction score
Hello I need to replace my distributor electronic ignition.Can anyone recommend one .
Pertronix system pops up and accuspark big price difference between the two .
Thanks

Pertronix if you want to get the most reliability, or buy 2x accuspark and keep the other in your bus as a spare. Plus some points.
Stay away from Powerspark though, those can easily die from a surge when you connect the battery up.
Quite a few of us including me have gone back to points.

Pertronix if you want to get the most reliability, or buy 2x accuspark and keep the other in your bus as a spare. Plus some points.
Stay away from Powerspark though, those can easily die from a surge when you connect the battery up.
Quite a few of us including me have gone back to points.
Thankyou for your reply interesting about going back to points .

If you’re running a 34PICT3, the stock distributor is a 211 905 205Q. The “curve” (?) is made for a bus. I use one of those with a Pertronix and am happy. There really is a difference between distributors intended for Beetles and ones intended for a bus.

I had a Pertronix in our bus fitted by the PO, it expired after we had the bus for about 4 years so don't know how old it really was. Decided Petronix was too expensive so went with a Powerspark Bosch 034 SVDA replacement (£65), been brilliant and have had the battery out and back in several times without any issues.

Hello I need to replace my distributor electronic ignition.Can anyone recommend one .
Pertronix system pops up and accuspark big price difference between the two .
Thanks
Hi is this Ian?
Away this week but replied to your email

I had a Pertronix in our bus fitted by the PO, it expired after we had the bus for about 4 years so don't know how old it really was. Decided Petronix was too expensive so went with a Powerspark Bosch 034 SVDA replacement (£65), been brilliant and have had the battery out and back in several times without any issues.
I bought the same and it lasted 14 months. It died after I'd taken the battery out for reconditioning. After emailing them about it, they were very unhelpful and even abusive. I won't buy from them again.