1 hole head light rim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subheatadey

Reaction score
Hi, I am missing a headlight rim on the right hand side, they are the one hole headlight rims. Anyone know where I can get on as all i see are the 3 hole ones. Cheers

That would be great if you could have a look, on another note I don't suppose you know where I can get some (cost efficient :)) front discs for my 71 do you? Have a good weekend.

I'll have a look in my stash and let you know

Hi, I am missing a headlight rim on the right hand side, they are the one hole headlight rims. Anyone know where I can get on as all i see are the 3 hole ones. Cheers

The one-hole headlamp rims for 1968~73 VW Type 2s, were for those of North American specification, which had sealed-beam headlamp units, mounted in a supplementary light-bucket with headlamp alignment facilities. What sort of RHD, left-dipping headlamp units do you have fitted?

I replaced my headlights with MkI Golf Crystal Clear headlights. I retained the 3 hole rims but put some stainless steel bolts (shortened) with lock nuts to fill the other holes, looks really good. Don't know about drainage holes.

Had a look and I've got a couple of pairs of one hole headlight rims

The original one hole headlight rims had a single drainage hole and both mine were nearside rims so on one of them the drainage hole was at the top, the chrome on one was a bit tired and didn't match. The repro ones don't have drainage holes I believe. Anyway I bit the bullet and bought a couple of stainless rims from VWHeritage they are pretty crap in that they are not a good fit so I either return them which is a pain in the you know what or what I probably will do is get the good old dremel out and grind them until they do fit which is a bit laughable really. REPRO CRAP :poop:

The original one hole headlight rims had a single drainage hole and both mine were nearside rims so on one of them the drainage hole was at the top, the chrome on one was a bit tired and didn't match. The repro ones don't have drainage holes I believe. Anyway I bit the bullet and bought a couple of stainless rims from VWHeritage they are pretty crap in that they are not a good fit so I either return them which is a pain in the you know what or what I probably will do is get the good old dremel out and grind them until they do fit which is a bit laughable really. REPRO CRAP :poop:
I did post to say I'd dug some out for you??

Ive been looking for one good single hole rim for a while, because mine has a dent in the top, but no luck yet though, they seem a little elusive. I need o/s if anyones's got one..