1600 Vacuum diagram

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGPlant

Reaction score

Is this the correct setup for the vacuum lines?

My 'D' goes to T piece
My green one goes to 'C'
E, A, B are not connected.

Cheers Andrew..

Was just worried as the green one on mine goes to c. Not sure about the difference it makes.

That shouldn't make a huge amount of difference. The connections at C & D are ventilation for the fuel and oil systems as you've probably guessed. The reason for their existence is that it's illegal to produce a car that vents these gases to atmosphere. Of course it's nice to have everything standard if you get the opportunity.

The pink, yellow red and orange lines, however, do impact the running of your car.

Hi you might need to put a picture up of your setup.

If you have no vacuum lines connected (E,A & B not connected) this part is to switch air intake from engine bay when engine is hot (via funny round thing) to pre heat when engine is cold which is directed via FRT to under engine to cylinder 2 heats carb & engine ,earlier t2's have a different setup pull wire pre-heat.

I have C in the same place I think & D blocked off T piece were does it go too 2 ways ?

Read Here on how it operates http://www.vw-resource.com/air_cleaner.html#vacuum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shows roughly whats missing, not sure if I've found the funny little round thing yet. You can see to 2 ports plugged off on the carb.

Hi you Frt looks to be missing you will probably see & feel a hole were it should be, it looks like you do have a breathe pipe fitted lower one one oil bath & no pre-heat vacuum connections so poor cold running?

Will try to post a better picture of mine tommorrow or saturday although I stop using my camper due to carb icing & stalling till around march I have not got round to sorting this.

I will have a good feel and look around at the weekend and see what i can suss. Have had it serviced last week by a VW mechanic, and its running lumpy now, especially on tick over. Plus its rattling when putting foot down, tappets but had them checked but still bad. Grrr never simple!

your vacuum advance tube is upside down for a start ;-) although that won't hurt in the short term at least.

To be honest if it's not running right I'd take it back and get them to sort it... either that or get a few tools to enable you to service it properly yourself and not have to worry about bad mechanics any more ;-)

Which is the vacuum advance tube, and is that on my pic? Also I can't find the (funny little round thing) on the air intake? So the top 2 holes on the air box are not connected to anything. Mine in a 72 moonraker.

Hi the Frt is on the air intake its a big ish unit clips on with a flap on to divert air from inside engine bay to outside.

Not sure if my setup is 100% correct noted I have not had the vacuum shut off to Frt recently this is controlled by the pipe in & out on top of oil bath so air comes from cylinders unless I remove pipe in summer.

the blocked off pipe would be for venting but I have no vent pipes a year or so earlier bay so not fitted & my oil bath was salvaged from Ebay years ago.

Hi you will probably have to ask a trader on here to get one or ebay, think the reply from happy was for me vacuum pipe from carb to dissy look at photos i took it off once & swapped it over.

Good luck Tony.

Latest posts