• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1776cc: VW Twin port heads, 90.5 barrels & pistons, mild cam

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcalf

Reaction score
For sale 1776cc Engine Bits:

Pair stock valve VW twin port cylinder heads, cut for 90.5mm (1776cc) with mild port and polish. These heads are very desirable and very hard to get hold of now.

Oversized New Barrels (I think they are Mahle) & pistons.

Mild performance cam – 4061 Bugpack with 370 duration and 396" lift

Standard Forged VW crankshaft and stock conrods.

Cylinder heads are both Stamped VW one says 21, the other says 29. They both have the following numbers: 113.101.375.

Barrels say XX C 70 H, but only one seems to have MAHLE stamped on it. Pistons are stamped 90.45. I think the small characters read 1202ITI0584. Barrels are rusty on the outside, but look good to me on the inside.

Originally built by renowned VW engine builder Paul Miller at Harry Harpics in Essex. The engine was sweet as a nut and used to fly up hills on motorways at 70+mph in my bay window.

The engine was always run on Quantum oil, regularly serviced and ran sweet as a nut.

I recently took my 1776cc long block back to Harry Harpics to get it rebuilt (it had been in storage) but ended up going for a 2110cc engine instead.

I reused the case from the 1776 and ditched a few bits which were not reusable. So basically this is your chance to get a 1776 long block, originally built by Harry Harpics, but without the crankcase, bearings camshaft gear and cam followers.

I know how much quality engine bits cost and think £750 is fair for all of these 1776 bits (I don't want to split them as they all work really well together).

Ill even chuck in an old oil cooler, flywheel and alternator for whoever buys this lot, but best to assume these bits don't work.

I would hold onto these 1776 bits, but the 2110cc has made a massive dent in my wallet.

Grab yourself a bargain on some 1776cc engine bits.

I've no idea how to add pics but i have loads if required.

Ill list my Twin Kadron carbs separately.

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Latest posts