• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1964 splitty for bay now sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graydog

Reaction score
Sensible head on for once with a baby on the way it's time to sell my Split. this is my 1964 11 window, it used to be owned by a church in California so hence the cross on the front and sign writing. Its been in the uk for 3yrs I got it off the guy who imported it. Most of the work was done by a reputable company in the states called The Rust Box, quick google I'm sure u can see some of their work. It wasn't uk registered when I bought it so I got it through its MOT and the got the uk plates and paperwork all done. It has 4 1/2 inch narrowed beam, dropped spindles, chassis notched, steering box raised etc it's pretty solid underneath being from California it's had a battery tray and front cab floors replaced but other than that is original. The interior was blank when i got it so I sound deadened, insulated and ply everywhere, the ply being a kit off eBay so is all cut properly. The rest is all done by myself and it's basic but functional a work in progress I was going to do more this winter. I got some Rock and roll hinges with it so made the bed up and just been enjoying using it, It has a leisure battery so one 240 v plug. The engine is a 1600 it was totally rebuilt in the state (rust box) everything was new apart from the block, it's been faultless since I've had it and literally drops no oil, I keep checking but nothing! the wiring loom was all new too one of the reasons why I went for it to be fair, I hate electrics lol fuel lines replaced a month ago. I had slightly bigger profile tyres put on the front to raise it slightly and went one spline up at the rear. MOT is march and obv's tax free.
http://s752.photobucket.com/user/graydog82/media/IMG_6192_zpskwovw90x.jpg.html
So price 19k Ono but I'm really after a swap for an early bay same style patina sign writing etc with cash my way
Kev 07733377one73 or email [email protected] for photos

Latest posts