1967 doors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger D

Reaction score
I have a 1967 bay i'm restoring but i keep hearing different info on the front door locks and i just wondered if anyone out there knows which ones i need as it came with later doors. A picture would be great. I'll put pictures of it up in the end but have got to learn how to upload them first.

68 doors are different. The locks are the push button type rather than having the little lever behind the handle. There are some pics of a 68 door I have for sale here:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: Also some pics of the handles in case thats what you meant :)

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

hi 68 doors have a round hole where the handle goes in to the door where as the 69 on wards have a slot hope this helps

These doors are like buses :) If you were after one I had the other side door off Justin to replace the one that I have for sale and it was spot on.

67westy said:
These doors are like buses :) If you were after one I had the other side door off Justin to replace the one that I have for sale and it was spot on.

And good ones are soooo hard to find, ends up costing you as much in prep work, trust me I know!

Just

The lock pulls ups are a bit different to later ones too. And on mine, the quarterlight catches are slightly different too. :)

but i think the Q was "i have later doors fitted ,what locks do i need" so the answer is are they 69-71 or 72-79 ?if its just outer handles then 69-79 all the same.

Cheers guys, you lot are amazing. i post 1 little question and get all the info i need. My later doors are like brand new but i would like my bus to look as original as possible so i suppose the next question is can i fit the 68 door handles to my later doors, with a bit of fettling of course. Changing topic slightly, i undone all the bolts to drop off the front suspension yesterday and it's still on, couldn't budge it so now going in the garage to see if i can lever it off with small jack, tyre lever or something.

not sure if the recess for the handles the same,but worth a shot 8) lots of wd40 on front beam and block of wood and a large lump hammer,suport it with a jack in case it goes sudden :shock: they jam so side to side tapping .

Cheers bud, did exactly what you said and it's off. Stripped off steering arms and shocks. Loosened off 3 of suspension ball joints but the forth popped loose before i could undo the nut so more fun and games tomorow.