• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 RHD DEVON CARAVETTE BAY CAMPERVAN

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishface

Reaction score
This is a 1968 G reg. Devon Caravette Tax free RHD original walk through VW bay camper van. Turkis green & white, 84,000 miles, very good condition.We bought her in June 2004 ( 4 former keepers ) and she had already been extensively restored by the previous owner. We have the original purchase invoice from Merit Motors, Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex dated 5th November 1968 together with 30 old MOT certs ! and a file full of bills. ( The current MOT is until 30.04.09 )

The engine is a 1600cc single port, the previous owner has fitted a remote brake servo which is in the engine bay and makes the brakes very effective.

Since owning the van we have had a new clutch fitted, alternator kit, steering box, new heat exchangers, a new stainless tail pipe, new shock absorbers, a front beam adjuster & lots of other bits & pieces.

The interior is in extremely good condition as can be seen from the photos with the original Devon cupboards, seats and pull out bed which has drawers beneath. The headlining is in excellent condition. We have had all new rear seat and bed cushions made with new zip covers ( but we still have all but 1 of the original ones if the buyer wants them ). As well as the original radio in the dash ( which still works ) we have fitted a modern stereo radio & cd player & speakers.

( Please note we are excluding the roof rack from the sale )

This is a very straight solid camper which we have enjoyed using over the last few summers but as we have bought a split screen van we can’t use both ! Please come and look ( Buckhurst Hill, Junc. 26 M25 )

Price £10,995 ono.

Hi, Loving your camper. If it's still for sale, when can i come and take a look??

Nice bus just like my old one and the correct price too!!
Good luck with the sale

Thats a shame! I can only assume it's been sold as no replies. A quick yes or no would have been sufficient :?

Sorry Paulc - I wasn't ignoring you, its just that we have been away at Bugjam and only just got your message today.
She is still available if you are interested. Let me know if you want to come and have a look.

ps. Thanks for the comment Grant. Much appreciated.

Fantastic, thought i had missed the boat! How /whens best to contact you to organise meeting up?

Hi Paulc,

I tried to send a pm but I must have done something wrong because it wont leave the outbox :?

you can call me on 07802 478822

cheers

fishface said:
Hi Paulc,

I tried to send a pm but I must have done something wrong because it wont leave the outbox :?

you can call me on 07802 478822

cheers

PMs remain in your outbox until the recipient opens them in their inbox, kind of works like a read reciept without the notification :) .

Hi, this number is'nt connecting just says not recognised?? I can understand you not wanting to part with this beauty but... :wink:

Paulc,

Sorry about that - I put the wrong no. on the thread :oops: - but at least I got it right on the pm ! ( I'm getting old.... ) Look fwd to seeing you.

Johnny,

Thank you for your kind comment, and also for explaining about the outbox thing.

AGC,

Sorry, the roof rack is still not for sale, I was going to keep it for the split van.

Hi, do you have a few more pics. I'm interested and traveling up to Potters Bar next weekend (2nd ad 3rd August). If you haven't sold by then, I'd love to see it in the flesh. It's a beauty!

Cheers
[email protected]

Hi,

Someone is coming to see her on tmrw. but I will see if I have any more pictures, is there any bit you are particularly interested in ? as I could take some more.

Cheers.

Hi There,

Just a couple of the underside and the side shot looking down the bus from front to back to see how straight the panels are. And if I'm being really cheeky a couple of close ups on the body work round the rear lights and quarters. :wink:

If you don't sell. I'll be in touch I'll PM my mobile number.

Thanks,
Jules

Scratch that last request. I can see how straight it is in the first two pics. Sorry. I'll send my mobile number.

Regards,
Jules

Latest posts