• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 VW T2a Microbus Swedish Import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyg719

Reaction score
1968 VW T2a 8 SEATER MICROBUS

I am reluctantly selling my old girl who I have owned since 2008. She is a left hand drive Swedish import, back in 2001 in Lotus White. She is currently SORN and has been for the past couple of years due to me being away with work overseas however, she was still being driven on a private road to keep her ticking over up until a year ago. Since owning her she has always been stored indoors in a heated hanger until a year ago at which point she was moved outside onto a concrete drive under a cover. She does still start and run but slightly temperamental due to sitting for a year and the sedimentation of the fuel tank. I have carried out a lot of work throughout the time I have owned her however, she did have a large amount of work from Type 2 Detectives back in 2010 which included:

New front panel.
New cab steps.
New rear wheel arches.
New rear LHS lower corner.
New battery pan.
Reconditioned steering box.
New ball joints.
Lowered with adjusters fitted.
Plus a few other bits all in costing over £6500.

She has also had her original carb refurbished and a few items on the original 1600SP engine replaced. And the original standard fitted Eberspacher is still installed, although I haven’t had it running in a number of years. In the cab there are six 3-point seat belts on the outer seats and lap belts fitted to the centre seats, Moon Eyes Big Foot accelerator pedal, rear and side jail bars and two lighter sockets. Oh and a roof rack and towing bar fitted, the original rear bumper has been removed but is still with her.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

£11,000 ovno.

In photobucket, open the picture and click on the IMG box to the side of it to copy the link and paste that directly on here, you have to do it for each picture.

Latest posts