• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Deluxe Early Bay Tintop For Sale - £13k ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopperdrake

Reaction score
Imported in 2006 from the US and bought by us later that year. Resprayed exterior due to sunbleaching, in original Savannah Beige. New interior in birch ply and red leatherette seats with white piping. It's a '69 deluxe early bay, so chrome strips all round, rear heated window (which needs connecting up), and over rider bumpers. Body work was solid when we bought it, save for the battery tray refit due to acid leakage, and some minor repair work near the rear starboard wheel arch - looked like it had had a small scrape with something in the past. The engine was knackered so recently fitted a Laurie Pettit (stock 1600 twin carb with oil bath), less than 10,000 miles ago - runs like a dream and very tidy. Rock and roll double bed, space under the cupboard behind the passenger's seat to fit a Just Kampers's three-way portable fridge (those cube things). Regular work by Absolute VW until the past year or two - now I just take it to the local garage for MOT etc as it's pretty much solid in terms of mechanics. Work that could do with doing? Rear window has rust developing on the lower window ridge, which is leaking. Front window has rust starting on the lower window ridge. Sliding door has it starting on the bottom. Those are the main points. There are the usual small spots on the body work. Reason for selling? It's a tin top, it's not used for camping in anymore, and it's just wasted being with us when it could be enjoyed by someone who'll use her.

It's a solid and extremely honest bus that needs a bit of TLC. No belly pans hiding nasties, wax oyled underneath when we bought her. She runs well, mechanically great, and we've always had done what's needed to be done.

Asking £13,000 ono including extra bits and bobs - large roof rack, drive away awning, spare wheel and cover, skirt to stop dog escaping under the bus in the night, windscreen privacy shield. Obviously tax exempt, and due an MOT this month, which we'll get her through so sold with 12 months MOT.

Photos can be found here - I've just photographed everything so you can see what she's like. Any questions just PM me or call me on 0794 190 5796. We're in south Derbyshire.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/n2o49k50znrqt/VW_Camper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay - we had some work carried out on her by Jeff, who does the welding for Absolute VW in Castle Donington, after seeing the work he did on a mate's van. We got the battery tray replaced, in fact the rear lower right-hand corner as there was a kink in the metalwork left over from before we had her on the rear of the right-hand rear wheel arch, so that's all sorted. Then we've had the bottom of the sliding door sorted as that had started to show bubbles, as you'll see in the 'Before' set of pics below. He also did the bottom of the right-hand front door, the rear window and front window, and inner shelf, including new rubbers to front and rear window. The right-hand side was resprayed from waistline down, and the rear window, and the entire front.

Before pictures: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5zpup2uy8xknx/Before

After pictures (of relevant places): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zn655xgg37n0l/After" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excuse the splatter of road dirt - winter was approaching and I just grabbed some quick pics before sticking her in the garage. If you want some spangly photos I can pull her out and give her a quick polish, but hopefully they show you what's needed. In all it was a £3k job, asking price is still £13k.

Again, as before, totally genuine reason for sale. I've had VWs for almost 20 years, I'm getting old, and we don't use her for camping since the kids happened upon us. Last two long trips on holiday in her resulted in me putting my back out both times (what you get for being lanky). To use her for daily running around is a waste. Only thing that has changed since last post, apart from all the body work, is we lost a decent hubcap on the driver's side, so the old tatty original is back on :)

Any questions, give me a buzz on 0794 190 5796 or email me at [email protected]

Latest posts