• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Devon Interior for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL 1969 VW Early Bay Devon Interior FOR SALE. I'm raising money for my wedding and I've started the bidding on ebay at £70.

Bid here...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-1969-VW-Devon-Interior-Early-Bay-/180656990563?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2a0ffee963#ht_500wt_1156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The furniture has the PASSED factory stamps dating 1969 (I think I even remember spotting a 1968 stamp too!)

I bought all this to go in my Late Bay and I toyed with the idea of chopping it up to fit it in as it should to be for an Early bay. I just couldn't do it - my conscience took over as I knew it was sacrilege and I didn't want some Early Bay owner's spirit haunting me!.....

....so here it is......come and bid for it!

As you can see from the pictures it's nearly complete and it's in it's original state. It's missing the drawers under the bed and the original cushions. Some of the varnish is a bit worn out after 42 years and because it's previous abandoned camper had a leaky pop-top, the interior has had to endure squatting in a puddle, so there is slight damage to the bottom of the furniture. The rear seat needs new ply glued across it and there may be a hinge that needs replacing. The table and leg is missing, but you could use the top of the cooker if you find a rail and leg.

There's not much to do to sort it out and if it doesn't sell by Sunday, I'm going to restore it fully and charge you lots more - or like my original plan, I'm going to chop it up! Now whose conscience is playing with them?

This is definitely a find and this old timer would love a new owner to treat it's flaws and get some use to free up some of the stiff and surface rusted hinges.

Let me know if you want it. It's currently in Manchester so pick it up yourself or we can negotiate costs for me to bring it to you.

early1.jpg

Buddy.jpg

CookerClosed.jpg

CookerOpen.jpg

BackSeat.jpg

we need a price and pics, theres a guide to posting in the forsale section, please read it. if you have a problem with pics i can help you out.

Tbone, what happened to your interior? Did you sell it or spruce it up? Am looking for a RHD one myself.

Thanks, Pam