• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 LHD Westfalia Poptop £7300.00 with 10 Months MoT

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1970_vintage

Reaction score
LHD California Import - 1969 Westfalia Walkthru Pop-Top - £7300.00 ovno

This vehicle comes with 10 months MoT, 12 Months Tax and is registered on a classic plate.

This bus was purchased from a 68 year old retired US armed forces army special opps officer, the 'General,' who has owned it since the early seventies. He used to drive it all over the states and into Canada and Mexico on trips with his family. It was a daily driver up until last year.

The bus is in excellent condition for its age and is ready to use with all necessary repairs completed, with a fresh coat of paint this could be a rare and stunning classic 'Early Bay Westy'.

It has all of its original interior and has only had minor modifications since new.

Outside

The bus has been over painted by the 'General' and looks great in pics, but it has some runs and dry spots.

The nose has had a minor bump but has been professionally repaired.

Passenger door is solid inside and out.

Drivers door has some scratches on the outside and a small amount of rust at the bottom (easily repaired)

The long panel is super straight and has nothing wrong with it at all.

Left rear corner is good, apron is good, engine deck-lid has rust on bottom right corner.

It has had a new window screen fitted together with a new window rubber.

New battery tray fitted with a new battery.

Passengers side short side needs some minor work at the bottom in front of rear wheel.

Sliding door is very good and works fine.

Rear bumper has some dents in it (we are currently sourcing a replacement).

Inside

Cab floor did have some rust damage however this has now been repaired.

The front walkthrough seats are original but could do with being recovered.

The rear camping area, has hard to find sink / icebox, buddy seat behind driver, upper child's cot and the rare small child's cot with poles in correct bag and location and the cabinets are all in great shape.

The rear seat / bed material has been replaced its a good job, but not the original colour material.

Mechanics

Engine is a dual port engine which has done less than 10,000 miles since being replaced by a new one from Rocky Mountain motor-works, Colorado Springs USA.

The engine and brakes have just had a complete service, all parts replaced with new parts from GSF.

The ball joints have been replaced with new ones.

All electrics have been over-hauled.

The roof

The fibreglass topper is in very good and the tent was replaced in 2006 and is in good to great shape with a great install.

Rust is limited to areas mentioned above.

The bus will come with 10 months MoT, 12 months Tax and is registered on a classic plate.

We are located in Plymouth, Devon UK

£7300.00 ovno

Please look at our website for further details http://www.van-dalized.com

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Please look at our website for further details http://www.van-dalized.com

theovalguy said:
You think that guy would fix those trailer fenders
As many buses as you see ontop of it
That's a nice bus and looks very nice inside and out
Looks like a deal to me

LOL I reckon John

All MoT work now being done.

The bus will come with 10 months MoT, 12 months Tax and is registered on a classic plate.

The new price is £7300.00 reduced from the original price of £8500.00 = I amended the original post. :)

Looks a nice van for a nice price, wish I'd sold me splitty already, I'd be interested in this un .

Good luck with the sale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts