• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold 1969 original Devon Torvette sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAMPERMAN

Reaction score
Delilahs
1969 British registered Devon Torvette in Brilliant blue. Full service History book, and almost every MOT from 1972. Heaps of paperwork history and only covered just over 104,000miles from new. Tax and MOT excempt. No expense spared on her maintenance. Recent engine and gear box oil change, heater pipes lagged for better heating, complete brake overhaul, New leisure battery, new fire prevention system in engine bay, service carried out and 're-wax oiled.

The Father and son were the first and second owners from new until I bought it in 2005. Then I sold it to a Steve at Wolfsburg, to buy a T6 California. Steve offered it back to me and because it was such a lovely rare and solid van! I bought it again after selling the Cali:)

I then decided to buy another T6 cali! So to finance the Cali I sold the Devon Torvette again, to a gentleman from Eastbourne.
I then sold the Cali a few years ago so needed a van for the summer.
So I called the gentleman up from Eastbourne to ask him would he be interested in sell the Devon Torvette back to me and after some discussion he said yes! so I bought her back again!

So in total I have bought her 3 times:)))
I have had several old VW in the past, but the Devon Torvette as always been the best and most original I have owned! That's why I have bought her back three times :)))

It is now time to move on! Now I am a pensioner! And I would like to sell her hopefully to someone who will appreciate her for what she is? So I can buy a small mobile home for some luxury:)

This I believe is an exceptional original Earlybay Devon Torvette. She as the complete original Devon a Torvette interior including the cushions and curtains. She was sympathetically restored approx 12yrs ago by, Wolfsburg VW.

She as the original Motent drive away awning, Gas heater, roof rack and sun canopy which was bought at a later date. She has been dry stored when not in use all her life and she comes with a dust/waterproof cover and thermal window cover.

She came runner up at Stanford Hall in 2022 and she as won many best in show and everything works as it should. I think the pictures speak for themselves.
Reduced to £23k
My number is 07366778635

IMG_6990.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!
If I wasn't living in fear of being strung up by my Wife ... and if it had a pop top ... I'd be giving that some serious thought.
GLWS :)

Latest posts