• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 RHD Original Devon Caravette Camper - revised price!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1970_vintage

Reaction score
1969 RHD – Original Devon Caravette Conversion Camper – Walkthrough

Other than receiving a full service and tune, underseal and lower body re-spray in Turquoise over White, this vehicle is in a totally un-molested and original condition retaining most (missing buddy seat only) of the original Devon interior including the Sink, The Cool Box, The Slide Out Bed, Storage Units and the hard to find Hammock's (cab and child).

Benefiting from a recent 1600cc engine (VW Heritage supplied - guaranteed to August 2013) which is fitted with a Twin Weber ICT 34 carburettors kit, new clutch, exhaust, alternator conversion, HT leads and electronic ignition. This vehicle along with its fully fitted Devon interior, external Indianapolis 500 awning and leisure fitments including a battery and Sony Bluetooth radio is ready to drive and enjoy immediately, so you will be all ready for the VW Show season to begin!

There is a folder detailing all of the work dating back nearly 10 years.

Good examples of this sort after UK supplied, RHD vehicle are getting harder and harder to find. Further information can be found at: http://www.devonmoonraker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/OthersalesBrochures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Date of 1st Registration = July 1969
Tax = Exempt
MoT = Will come with 12 months MoT

Due to having a new re-spray, service and tune and underseal the price is now a revised:

Price £11,600.00 ono

Summary:

General Condition

• The lower Turquoise paint has just been redone so it is bright and vibrant with not major scratches or rust imperfections.
• The outside panels are all good and straight with no rust
• The outside panels are all good and straight with absolutely no rust
• The nose / front panel is in excellent shape
• Driver’s door is solid inside and out
• Passenger door is solid inside and out
• Sliding door is solid inside and out
• The long panel is very straight and solid
• Both the rear corners are excellent (battery tray has been repaired)
• Jacking points, top hats, doglegs and arches are all completely solid and original, no welding at all is required
• The Devon fibre glass roof and fitted canvas are both in excellent condition and the lifting mechanism is good.
• Battery tray is new
• Rear bumper is good
• Front bumper is good
• Cab floor is solid (has had a minor repair)
• The cargo floor is solid
• The front seats and rock and roll bed matching is good
• The dash is good and all instruments are in working order
• Indianapolis 500 awning supplied
• Levelling Chocks supplied
• Small ¼ roof rack supplied
• Bike Rack supplied
• Sony Bluetooth Radio
• Gas Hob and Gas Bottle

Mechanics

•The new 1600cc engine was supplied in August 2011 by VW Heritage and is under a 2 years guarantee and installed professionally by Doug’s VW Works, West Sussex.
• New Weber ICT 34 carburettor kit (dual linkage) recently fitted
• New Exhaust
• New Clutch
• New HT leads and Electronic Ignition
• The gearbox selects great
• New Leisure Battery and charging system fitted
• The brakes are all serviceable
• The electrics are all serviceable
• New Blue Tooth sound system fitted

Viewing of this vehicle is highly recommended and can be arranged via appointment only. It is located in Plymouth, Devon.

1969_rhd_eds-10.jpg

1969_rhd_eds-21.jpg

1969_rhd_eds-16.jpg

1969_rhd_eds-12.jpg

1969_rhd_eds-23.jpg

More pictures at http://www.van-dalized.com/wordpress1/coming-soon

That is almost exactly what I've ben looking for colour and year wise. The only things I need to know before coming to view are 1) where abouts are you and 2) Could this van be lowered such that its 6 foot or less tall ( to fit in my garage) ?

Cheers
Simon

Hi,

Really interested, I'm in Camberley, Surrey. Could I come and view after work this week?

Thanks

Jono

Hi - it's the sort of van I'm looking for but can't stretch to the asking price, as I'm investing money refurbishing a '71 at the moment which I have realized won't be ready now for the summer - hence I'm looking for another one to use this year. I live only half an hour from Plymouth - so could visit anytime now if you will consider a less (but not rude) offer. Please call me direct on 07812 952870 if I can view.

Hi, I have 1975 Devon pop top in good condition. Would you consider a swap. If interested I will send photos. Asking £8,000

Regards

Steve

After using her for a while

We decided to spruce her up by completing a lower part re-spray, service and tune and additional undersealing, so the new price is now a revised £11,600.00 ono

Please ask for more photos :)

Hi, really interested in your van and fairly close by in Cornwall, when is it available for viewing? Have you got any photos of the restoration?

Latest posts