• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Westy Project USA import £3650

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durkerroods

Reaction score
I’ve decided to sell my 1969 westy which I imported from the USA last year.

As you can see from the photos , it requires some new bodywork/welding. I purchased the bus from a guy in Ohio and he said that it had basically sat in his yard for a few years, the holes in the bottom six inches due to rain ingress.

There had also been a ding on the o/a rear panel which a partial repair had been undertaken along with a crap rattle can respray of the area. I didn’t purchase it to do a concourse restoration on it, just getting a bit of welding done and leaving it slightly ratty along with dinks and rust areas.

The passenger door also has a ripple in it and a dent in the nose, it SL obviously had a slight collision with something a few years ago.

The sliding door locks and stays shut but the main issue is the bottom channel which the door runner sits in, a lot of it has rusted away and needs a new sill put in.

Interior is all there including spice racks. The mustard vinyl has seen better day’s and could do with either a deep clean or replacement.

Again the front seats are split in places with the horse hair visible, again perfect for rat look.

The engine was running when I got it but not very well. It was the single port coked up with crud so I was going to buy a new one but never got round to it. All the parts are there to put it back together again. It’s a 1600 SP

The tinware was all taken off and sent to the blasters for baremetal then it’s been professionally sprayed in red. These are still in the bubble wrap as received back from the blasting company.

The pop top goes up and down fine but the fabric is practically gone so needs a new one . The single bunk is there still and in good condition.

Got all the keys and the logbooks etc and the customs declaration to say it’s been paid up for import into the U.K.

Got a new tyre for the rear but now the front has gone down, all three tyres need replacing.

There’s a few bits and pieces needed doing but it’s MOT exempt , tax exempt and would make a great bus.

Please look at the photos, this isn’t a showbus, it’s a bus you will need to spend a few quid on getting road worthy.

Bus is located in my yard in Royston, Herts. If you are still interested come over and have a look.

Give me a call 07737 026585

Latest posts