• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Westy Tin Top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colin.mcmillan1

Reaction score
Please come and see her for yourself. Rosie the 1969 Westy Tin top campervan from California. Left hand drive. Rust free underneath. Undergone major work to replace the front inner and outer valance then repainted front July 2016. I have done loads to her since owning in 2009 where she had not long been imported. Since owning I've tried to list the work done below. Should have most if not all receipts for the work too.
One key operates all exterior locks.
Lowered 4" using beam adjusters, adjustable spring plates on the rear with slam shocks supplied by Type 2 Detectives
New front screen rubber
New tyres all round including spare
New ignition switch
Fitted Empi shifter to reduce the throw in gear changes
New Link rod to gearbox coupling
Buttys bits accelerator linkage upgrade kit
Stainless bugpack rear silencer
Electronic ignition and coil fitted
New carburettor
Leisure battery with split charge relay fitted (nothing wired to it tho)
New inertia seatbelts all round and static 3 point belt on buddy seat
New front emblem (due to vandalism)
New front indicator reflector lenses
New headlight upgrade (standard bulb replacement)
New wing mirrors
Stainless steel hub caps
New indicator relay
Curtains replaced
Birch ply on roof and side panels sanded and waxed to return the shine
New Westy cupboard handles
New brake shoes all round and cylinders
New brake light switch
New window winder handles
12v cigarette supply wired in dash for charging phones/sat nav etc.
Body
Roof painted by Ken
So cal customs
Sills painted by Ken also
Front inner and outer valance replaced, painted - Work carried out by David Mylett
Cab step rubbers replaced
New radio aerial
Sliding door handle replaced.
All service work carried out at David Myletts with any work required carried out. MOT passed in July with only 1 advisory - Ball joint rubber grommet (have one at home)
I also have a box of items I have from owning. Original curtains and some other bits and pieces including the complete ball joint.
Black out front screen and window blind from Just Kampers.

A Just Kampers outdoor, breathable cover which has been used twice cost £130. Fiamma bike rack.
That is just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more to add. Because of the colour you could also use for weddings etc. if that's of interest. I also have an Outwell country road drive away awning that cost over £600 new with internal 2 person area (never used but opened to see in place) an inner carpet too. We have camped in it around 8 times.

Looking for £16,000
I can share a link to more photos via email if you like. Hopefully the photos are uploaded ok.

*Update*

Having been away in a 400 mile camping trip she needs heat exchangers and a manifold. I will have this done and a new MOT for the buyer.

Hi, could I have the link to the photos please, or could you send me plenty of pics to [email protected] please, and also the price as struggling to find it.

Many thanks,

Lloyd.

Latest posts