1970 deluxe Neptune Blue

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich-B

Reaction score
Iv nearly finished my 1970 Californian import deluxe, it was sprayed with rattle cans in like a Simpsons sky style blue with white clouds and looked bad so iv replaced the inner and outer sills, repaired the outriggers etc and re-painted the bottom half in the original Neptune blue. Iv dropped the 1600tp motor out of my lowlight Ghia in the bus and I'm nearly ready for taking it for an MOT!

Here's some of the work iv been doing

How it started
bay1.jpg

Some of the nasties
2df75a48.jpg

6826fe06.jpg

And dealt with!!
1c3bba0e.jpg

New sills
a1655d47.jpg

708be66d.jpg

e46e842f.jpg

b544c1bc.jpg

7e288844.jpg

With new paint and motor

0f977433.jpg

9ad19028.jpg

ce22fc3f.jpg

Not sure whether to keep this or sell it on as a great solid bus as got my Ghia to look after as well!!

Good work on the bus 8)

Does look very nice now - a tough dilemma you have, bus or ghia :|

You will have to decide that one (no chance of keeping both??) I'm afraid, but depends if you like to carry more than a few passengers or go camping....

Ghia is with me forever! It's a lowlight with a 2110cc, don't think I'd ever part with it haha,

Not far off now, got the 1600tp in the bus and running smoothly, all the lights work but need to swap indicators into reverse lights etc,
Got to underseal the underside and give the whole bus a clean and polish then hoping to go for an MOT soon

16708b07.jpg

cheers :D

Cheers its had loads of hard work and time put into it, im just going to be struggling to afford to keep it, still im cracking on and getting the bus MOT'ed and on the road hopefully in the next couple of months :)

Latest posts