• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle For Sale [SOLD] 1970 Early Bay RHD Devon Eurovette FOR SALE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spacebiscuit

Reaction score
This is a UK spec RHD walk-through 1970 Early Bay with a Devon Eurovette Conversion. The body is super straight with original paint –offering plenty of genuine patina. No shiny new paint is hiding any horror repairs and no filler is to be found. The interior is also original with a pull-out double bed, two rear-facing seats, plenty of storage and a Danbury pop-top roof. The bus run perfectly.

Restoration

Extensive work has recently been carried out including the replacement of the lower 6”s including the rear corners, battery tray, front and rear wheel arches, inner and outer seals and jacking points, repairs to chasis and a replacement cab floor. All work has been carried out using quality parts which have been under-coated with 3M protective paint. The quality of the repair work in top-notch – you will not find any questionable repairs on this bus which is structurally sound and has been stored in a garage since the repair work.

Engine

A new Big Bore Super Street 1641cc engine was fitted around 7000 miles ago, since then the bus has been serviced and it runs perfectly. Dual Weber carb has been fitted and an external oil filter for extra cooling. Serviced in August of this year by a reputable mechanic and driven less than 250 miles since to ensure everything mechanically is primed. The bus itself has been lowered - Splines at the back and a beam adjuster at the front. It has KYB Gas Shocks on all corners. The bus sites nicely without impacting the ride quality meaning you can still negotiate a camping field safely!

Interior

The bus is an original Devon Eurovette conversion, with two buddy seats with lots of useful cupboard space, pull-out double bed and overhead storage. The roof is a Danbury pop-top with bunk space. The interior matches the exterior – it is honest and original and full of character. There is not a fitted cooker - this was not a feature of this conversion.

Post-Restoration – Patina

My original plans were to complete the restoration by painting the bus. Patina is not really my thing, I prefer shiny new looking buses and everyone I spoke to advise me not to paint it. So I’ve decided to make the bus available giving the potential buyer the option to paint if they wish but I am hoping someone with a love and appreciation of original and genuine patina.

Tax & MOT Exemption

Given the age of the bus it qualifies as historic and as such it is tax and MOT exempt. However for peace of mind the bus was MOt'd in August of this year.

qUMzRZv.jpg

9FAmvKx.jpg

tpywxyS.jpg

505rnM7.jpg

EAU3VsH.jpg

LAFByfk.jpg

HV1O8hH.jpg

HlcjjUa.jpg

3uJrlgC.jpg

zsEfb7y.jpg

hf45nLp.jpg

Price

£16,995

Hi, has this been sold?

Back up for sale and reduced.

The plan was to paint the bus and keep it but with a recent addition to the family and the ULEZ expansion into the North and South Circular Roads I need to buy a family daily runner car.

Please PM for price details or if you want more details on the history of the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts