• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Early Bay Westfalia Tin Top LHD Cali import

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonr

Reaction score
Due to a growing family, I am sadly selling my loved 1970 Type 2 Westfalia Camper Van. This van is a left drive California import so rust is not an issue here. The chassis is solid and bodywork is in great condition. Only rust is minor surface spots. I had a new engine (VEGA Recon) fitted by Gary Angel racing in 2015 replacing heat exch
angers and coating the tin wear. The van was imported to Wales in 2005 by the previous owner and underwent an exterior respray and interior update the rubbers were replaced then. I have since had fuel hoses updated replaced shocks, brake pads and fitted a hot start relay.

Photos on link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKpuPC8WdVslirzKQ5CZw0hkoyhpzDBU

Spec
Tin Top Westfalia (the previous owner removed interior cupboards and replaced with ply units)
1600 single port engine
Left-hand drive
drum brakes
3/4 width rock and roll bed
buddy seat
Engine 1600 single port Vega recon (2015)

Roof Rack
Bike Rack
Cover (dragons den design £300 new)

Work carried out in addition to servicing brake pads and tires during time I had the van

New VEGA Reconditioned engine supplied and fitted by Gary Angel Racing January 2015 along with Clutch Kit, Heat exchanger replacement powder coated and painted grey, Tinware painted

Centre steering idle pin 2016

Brake hose 2016

Battery tray replaced 2017

Steering wheel bush 2016

Hot start relay 2012

Fuel tank sender 2012

Respray external 2005 by the previous owner

Price £13,450 ono

Any other information just shout

Latest posts