• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Early Bay Window Pop Top Camper LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok, I had this Van up for sale a few months ago and had some great interest in it, Only decided to keep it. So its with great sadness that i have decided to put her up for sale again i just fancy something different so its for sale or swap. Beetle, Tintop van.

1970 LHD VW Bay Window Pop Top Camper 1600cc sp
11mths MOT (Went striaght through no advisories!)
White/Brown

Bodywork-: Its not a show bus, The paintwork was like this when i bought the van from someone on VSI its been rollered on but could look a lot worse. There are a couple of bubbly bits on the van but overall a very solid bus.

Chassis-: One word SOLID Has an adjustable beam up front, and is dropped 2 splines on the rear.

Engine-: Just Had fitted 500 mile ago a 1600cc single port engine fitted with petronics 009 and chrome tinware, runs sweet as no problems. It has just today had its 500 mile oil drop service to keep the warranty on the engine and of course the van will be sold with the balance of the warranty 12mths 12,000 mile and i have all the paperwork for this. Also has a Turbo Thomas Stainless Steel Muffler on the rear.

Intierior-: I will start with the cab I have just recently took down to the original colour (Red) the inside doors and door frames also all round the seat mounts and floor with the intention of rubbing down further and primmering and respraying. The reason i did this is the last owner had hand painted a beige type colour inside the cab and it looked scruffy so now its down to original paint you can see what you are dealing with. I have fitted a Sony CD player in as it already had the dash cut for this. Also fitted is a dash mounted Rev Counter white dialed. In the back it has a homemade buddy seat, alongside this is a Stella Artois Mini Fridge which works of the electric hook up which the van has. It also has a full width rock and roll bed, Mad Matz Black and white tiled flooring with water and damproof underlay. A removable surf board table, Brand new never used removeable cooker (So van never cooked in) And a massive Awrning will be sold with the van. The pop top roof pops striaght up so you can stand in the van and has no leaks.

Please see below some pics, i will add some more up later of the recent work i have done on the cab area and the worst bits on the van. Money wise i would like £5500 like i say priced to sell or what do have to swap try me (Aircooled) If you require any more info please dont hesitate to ask me Thanks, Van is located in Warrington Cheshire.

Pics-:

Image045-1.jpg

Image046-1.jpg

Image052.jpg

Image066.jpg

Image047-1.jpg

Image050-1.jpg

Image049-1.jpg

Hi,

I am interested in the VAN. Is it still for sale? Would love to come and take a look and possible discuss a sale!

Please let me know.

Thanks Dave Moulton-Bark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts