• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 LHD Original White Westfalia Camper Project - SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1970_vintage

Reaction score
1970 LHD US Import – Original White Westfalia Camper- Restoration Project

Price = £4700.00 ono

Imported from the dry state of Texas USA this year, this type of camper / restoration project is becoming harder to find, especially in this undamaged condition.

This is totally original vehicle and is in exceptionally good condition for a 45 year old VW.

It is an excellent ‘base’ vehicle for a renovation project that requires only minor aesthetic repairs as the chassis is in excellent condition.

There is an engine however it is currently untested, we will be testing it shortly.

img_1440.jpg

img_1434.jpg

img_1435.jpg

img_1445.jpg

img_1446.jpg

img_1439.jpg

Summary:

General Condition

• The outside panels all have very minor indents and scratches
• The nose is in excellent shape
• Driver’s door is solid inside and out
• Passenger door is solid inside and out
• Sliding door is solid inside and out
• The long panel is very straight and solid
• Both the rear corners are excellent
• Jacking points, top hats, doglegs and arches are all completely solid and original
• The Westfalia fibre glass roof is damaged however a replacement is supplied. The mechanisms are good. It will need a new canvas
• Battery tray is good
• Rear bumper has some minor dents
• Front bumper is sold with minor dents
• Cab floor is solid
• The cargo floor is solid
• The front seats are original but could do with being recovered
• The dash is good
• There majority of the Wesfalia camping interior is included but will need to be renovated

Mechanics

• The engine is untested
• The gearbox selects ok (not tested under load)
• The brakes will need to be serviced
• The electrics are untested and will need to being serviced

Viewing of this vehicle is highly recommended!

Additional work can be carried out subject to negotiation.

Please visit our website http://www.van-dalized.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for further information.

* The vehicle is unregistered in the UK. All HMRC import taxes have been paid. The vehicle is sold with the correct documentation ready for registration in the UK. The vehicle can be inspected at any time (via appointment only) at our business premises near Plymouth, Devon, England.

pm'd you mate. very interested chap. call me on 07507 667087 thanks, steve & gem

can i have pics of the interia please buddy.

lee

hi mate with no keys the bus has to be £4k to work for me with the distances involved i am in ipswich so let me know cheers ian 07899933335

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts