• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 LHD VW T2 Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donallanwalker

Reaction score
For sale is 'Sandy', my beloved LHD 1970 VW T2 WESTFALIA Campervan.

All the way from sunny San Diego, California, she was imported into the UK in 2008. Born in 1970, we have just celebrated her 50th birthday this year!! So TAX and MOT exempt.

Sandy is in very good condition for her age, no rot underneath! I had it resprayed a few years ago and its still fine, it wasnt a 'showroom' standard job and there are a few surface rust bubbles here and there, a little peeling on one area, and the gutter rail has a few chips on it but these are very minor issues which add to the character and are highlighted in photos. Its shines up very well and is a real head turner, she gets alot of attention everywhere shes goes!

The interior in good condition, genuine
westfalia interior with a Rock N Roll bed working perfectly, westfalia table, lovely full original wooden headliner and has strawberry cream curtains and bedding. Its got full electric hook up with leisure battery all working fine and ive also fitted a TV/DVD player for those rainy days!!
The engine has been modified to a 2ltr with twin carbs giving it more power and can cruise easy at 65mph. My mechanic advises thats its a performance engine with CB performance, big port heads and full flow oil system and deep sump. Electricronic ignition and electric fuel pump upgrade for reliability. Its got a fair bit of service history and i still have the original FSH book for its first 30k miles in San Diego Caifornia! Starts first time, every time and never had problems apart from a flat battery after its winter break!!Its recently had a big service this summer, with a brand new Empi oil cooler, new fuel filter, new fuel lines, new oil filter, new Bosch Coil, new Bosch spark plugs and leads. The valve clearances were also checked ok and brake system maintained so all working fine and ready to go camping!!!

So grab youself a real picece of Volkswagen history, a fine example of the early bay Westfalia edition.

£19000 or consider PX for 4 birth T5 camper or similar.

Latest posts