• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 LHD Westy for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit

Reaction score
PRICE DROP, NOW £11k As much as it pains me I'm selling my 1970 LHD walk through westy paris rag top conversion, originally sunroof model. Imported from California around 2004 by previous owner who fully restored it renewing all paint, brakes and rubber components. Paris rag top conversion done at this point and minimal amount of welding also.

Interior- consists of 3/4 width rock and roll bed with cupboard, overhead locker, table and buddy seat, no sink/fridge. Up front are porsche tombstone front seats, all interior retrimmed including contrasting panels at point of resto. Headliner was done while back but poor job and will need redone. LED lights, jail bars and additional lap belts fitted in rear of van.

Body work- Full bare metal respray in beige and chesnut brown undertaken nearly 10 years ago and still looks great, few agevrelated marks as you would expect, passenger door has had micro blisters since ive had it and bubble developing on arches but fantastic otherwise. Van has been garaged since in UK.

Running gear- original 1500cc single port engine rebuilt to 1600cc whilst in states, have receipts to support this. Has covered 7k under my ownership in 7 years. Never had any issues. Doesn't have heating/exchangers due to tropical climate in Scotland. Have just fitted original replacement steering box prior to mot. Has futbus front wide 5 disc conversion fitted, drums at rear. Rolls on american eagle porsche fuchs shod with hankook 195 x 50 x 15 tyres at front and 195 x 60 x 15 at rear. Admittedly they need good polish. The rear has been lowered 2 splines and front beam looks to have been cut, turned and welded which gives it nice workable running height for daily use. The gearbox is original to the van, it whines but has done so since ive had it and never let me down. Has scat shifter to move through gears and have just fitted buttys throttle kit which makes big difference to accelerator response. Chassis is solid.

Van comes with 10 months mot, no advisories and has been maintained regardless of cost. Obviously tax free and only selling as ive taken on new project. A good honest van which is ready to be enjoyed and used. Im looking for £11k sorry not interested in scams, swaps or part ex, cash is king and van will only be released once funds in place. Van is based in Greenock, west coast of scotland, 25 minutes from Glasgow airport and would urge inspection, ive been completely honest as i dont like to waste peoples time. Drop me a pm or text on 07951278748 if you require additional info or wish to make enquiry. Please bear in mind this van is 46 years old and was painted nearly 10 years ago and as such has some age related marks but is by no means a rot box.

Frank

Has had full service, comes with 2 bow roof rack and can help with shipping if required. If you view you wont be disappointed

Frank

Price drop, now £12k

I can supply pics of the underside too, looks better in the flesh.

Frank

May be willing to assist with delivery within reason if full asking price is met. More pics added here

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1279985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frank

Deposit taken. First person who viewed bought it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts