1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Westfalia pop-top
Granted, but this is all new and wrinkles need to be ironed, then Herbies also need to get flattened, maybe . :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,it’s lookin good :cool:
Exactly, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Once I get the tune dialled in 100% then with the nitrous running and on my slicks it may well be a closer rematch 😉

[email protected]

Reaction score
Year of Van
Van Type
Westfalia pop-top

Took the bus for a blast to the workshop this morning. Had a tinker with the carbs as it’s running a bit rich on idle. Swapped the idle air jets from 120’s to 130’s then reset the mixtures which has brought the AFR closer to where I’d like it. Drives nice too, nice n crisp through the revs, will order some slightly smaller idle fuel jets too try and get it even closer 👌🏻

After that I gave it all a clean and just checked everything over as I’ve racked up 450 miles on the 2276 so far. Once I get tk 500 I’ll change the oil, filter and lash the valves.

Will be pulling the engine over winter as I’ve managed to source a complete OG tinware set which will be much nicer fitting and better quality than the after market stuff it has now. Plus I think I’ll be taking my gearbox to Cogbox as it’s a bit leaky 🙄 might even discuss some improvements with Pete 😜

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts