1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike202 said:
Are you going to put a spring in the bell crank carb linkage?

You may remember I had to add one after I discovered the carb springs needed some
help. They are small carbs though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This isn’t a bell-crank it’s a hex-bar and has return springs built into it. However I did fit the extra spring CSP sell to the bell crank I had on my old 2110.

Another little delivery today, this time from Gene Berg enterprises. A new 26mm full flow oil pump, best pumps on the market in my opinion, fully blue printed with hardened gears. I ran 1 for years in the 2110 with a pressure relief cover but thought new engine, new pump.

Taking my manifolds to work over the weekend to drill & tap them for the nitrous foggers too.

Got the return line fitting sorted on my fuel tank the other day when it was quiet at work

breakfast wilmington nc

And then had a few hours making up fuel lines and mounting the secondary fuel pump for the nitrous system

I’ve never been 100% happy with my remote oil cooler set up as tbh it was a last minute thing because I forgot about it 🙄

So today I was faffing about mounting a new 72 row mesa oil cooler. I’ve made an aluminium bracket which the cooler bolts to and which is held to the torsion tube on the R/H side of the gearbox using a pair of exhaust u-bolt clamps. Due the angle I’ve got it at and the fact my bus isn’t ‘slammed’ means it should have a nice strong flow of cool air passing through keeping that new 2276 beast cool 😎

It’s only mocked up in the pic so I could check it all fitted ok, will cut the excess off the bracket, round the corners off and get it powder coated to keep it in good shape

Got the polish out today

Fuck that overpriced vintage speed rubbish, if you want a decent exhaust speak to A1 😎

Popped into work yesterday on my day off and had a play in the machine shop

Enlarged the float chambers of my IDA‘s into the unused void in the casting, probably doesn’t need it but won’t hurt.

Popped into work yesterday on my day off and had a play in the machine shop

Enlarged the float chambers of my IDA‘s into the unused void in the casting, probably doesn’t need it but won’t hurt.
What's the benefit (or even potential disadvantage)?

What's the benefit (or even potential disadvantage)?
Advantage: More fuel capacity in the float chambers to prevent the carbs running dry if the fuel pump can’t keep up without using excessive fuel pressure when screaming it through the gears such as on the strip.

Disadvantage: none.

Last edited:
Borrowed my mates tig welder 😎

Could have used 1/2 npt to an-10 fittings but decided to tig some an-10 bits. 2 less potential leaks.

Also brought some new velocity stacks.

Will tig some bosses into these which I will drill & tap to 1/16 npt for the nitrous foggers to thread into 👌🏻

Latest posts