1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not seen such things before ? are these as controversial as type3 under tins ;-)
enlighten me - I have FOMO and think I need to get some :cool:
They fill in the gap in the tinware on engines with j-tubes where the heat exchangers would be. VW actually used a similar thing on industrial engines.

I never had under cylinder tins on my old 2110 due to exhaust it had originally and that never ran hot but the A1 system I have now allows under cylinder tin to be fitted so I thought I’d give them a try. Can’t hurt

Oil filters, oil, cam shield and plugs are here ready. For many years I’ve used Fram Hp1’s but the past couple I’ve seen have been substandard quality so after a recommendation from my friend ‘Metal Dave’ I’ve gone for a K&N oil filter

imageupload

Thanks mate, It was a bit of conundrum as I’m a stickler for things being neat 😂 Been expensive too as the fittings in that size range from £3 to £16 but I’m happy to pay good money for good products.

If anyone ever needs to make up oil, fuel or even nitrous lines for their bus 😆 I will always recommend Torques UK, delivery is rapid as well! 1-2 days at most. They’ve even take back and refunded for cut lengths of hose as I ordered the wrong size 😅😅

Things have ground to a bit halt due to parts availability 🙄 been waiting 4 weeks for a clutch friction plate so engine can’t go in however the nitrous filter did arrive 🤷🏻😂

Had a bit of a re think with the solenoid mounting, managed to get them inline so all the lines will be equal length

Also been mocking up the new CSP hex bar linkage, what a piece of kit 😍 fits perfectly, smooth operation and finally a twin carb linkage with a decent return spring set up! This with a buttys bits pedal kit and a braided cable results in an amazing feel to the throttle pedal. Not cheap but I won’t use anything else now.

I fitted a CSP hex bar linkage to a mates type 4 in a T3 recently and I have to say it was the first hex bar kit that I actually liked. Nice solid feel to it, no wobbling around and the return spring is proper strong😀💪🏻👍🏻

Yeah spot on, I always wanted 1 but thought £300 for a linkage was a bit much but when we started building my new 2276 I thought fuck it, Wish I’d got 1 years ago

Drilled the linkage and mounted the wide open throttle switch for the nitrous this morning, that was a fiddly sod to do 😂

Also loosely fitted the header and my ‘race bullet’ muffler. Not really much of a silencer tbh, more like a stinger for a sidewinder system if I’m honest 😅 only for track use, loud as f*ck 😂

I was gonna fit the 2276 tomorrow but giving it 1 final check over we’ve discovered that the push rods run to close to the inside of the fast fab push rod tubes when at full lift due to the bigger diameter as they are dual taper aluminium rods 😑 they don’t touch but running and seeing 7000rpm we don’t want to risk them flexing and rubbing, potentially rubbing through 😳 so the only option is to get a set of tubes from JPM in Europe a his are the only sort available with a big enough internal diameter for the dual taper rods. So another £196 and I’ll probably get raped with duty thanks to brexit 🙄 Annoying snag but it’s better we found it than have an issue when it’s running

Can't you get them posted to someone in Europe, and then shipped to the UK?
Someone like Roland, etc.
Probably but I’m in a hurry 😂 should be here Thursday/Friday. Hopefully have the motor in next weekend if they do arrive then.

Woooo, the push rod tubes arrived. £49 duty on top of the £197 purchase and postage cost 😑 Nice 1 Brexit 🙄

But being CSP/JPM they are exponentially well made and a lot bigger diameter so will solve my problem so 🤷🏻 Will fit them tomorrow and hopefully get the motor fitted up with the tinware etc and fit it Sunday/Monday

Woooo, the push rod tubes arrived. £49 duty on top of the £197 purchase and postage cost 😑 Nice 1 Brexit 🙄

But being CSP/JPM they are exponentially well made and a lot bigger diameter so will solve my problem so 🤷🏻 Will fit them tomorrow and hopefully get the motor fitted up with the tinware etc and fit it Sunday/Monday
Shame Berg didn't have the bits you needed :(

Latest posts