1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Thursday loaded the bus up with some essentials and picked the missus up from work at 6pm…. After a rather wet and miserable blast down to folkstone I met up with Grazy, his lady friend & Egotrippin where we sat in the pub, spent the night in a premier inn before boarding the euro tunnel.

We then stopped in Ghent in Belgium for the evening were Steve took the 4 of us on a guided tour of all his favourite bars.

Following morning we had a quick 20 min drive to the Witkap brewery in ninove for the ‘pre show’ of the Freddies files. After that we went to some more nice bars courtesy of Wraggs Belgian tours….

Sunday morning after a great nights sleep in the bus in a side street we were up nice & early to get into the show

A good day was had and we had left ninove about 2.30 to catch the 5.30 train home. We parted way with ego who headed home to Brighton which left me and Grazy for the 2 hr drive back to Felixstowe. My bus ran flawlessly, 520 miles on 2 tanks of fuel which when you consider I’ve got a fiery 2276 with massive Weber 48’s and I drive it enthusiastically is not bad going at all in my opinion.

Steve took us this cool bar where you can order a yard of beer. The rules are you give a shoe and only get it back if you finish it!

Quite a distinct look of worry on my face here 😂 luckily I persevered and didn’t end up with a wet foot on the way back to the hotel

Steve took us this cool bar where you can order a yard of beer. The rules are you give a shoe and only get it back if you finish it!

Quite a distinct look of worry on my face here 😂 luckily I persevered and didn’t end up with a wet foot on the way back to the hotel
Been there a few times with Steve, Sparky & the Gang :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:, Dulle Griet or something like that its called

December 2007: on U.K. roads, freshly imported from San Fransisco with an asthmatic smog 1600, stock suspension, a slipping clutch, horrendous brakes and the usual shocking body repairs to be expected on US imports.

16 yrs of evolution……

March 2023: at the Freddies files in Belgium. Now fully restored, 2276 street/strip motor with built 091 box, Porsche brakes along with a 4.5” king & link pin beam, dropped spindles and adjustable spring plates.

It’s been a lot of work, money and at times stress but I absolutely love my bus 🥰😎

Brace of white westy’s!

Gave my bus a good wash to get all the crud from my trip to ninove off the, I hate polishing cars but going to the effort the other week means it cleaned up nicely.

Also got my mate Darrens camper in for a service, tune up and mot ready for spring & summer.

Last edited:
Brace of white westy’s!

Gave my bus a good wash to get all the crud from my trip to ninove off the, I hate polishing cars but going to the effort the other week means it cleaned up nicely.

Also got my mate Darrens camper in for a service, tune up and mot ready for spring & summer.
Here's a couple more for you ;):p

1679905051823.png

Thought I’d better clean the fuel filters on the bus as I’ve not done them for a while…

🫣

The 100 micron cleanable filter doing the job perfectly. That’s the filter for the carbs and was pretty bad, the 2nd filter for the nitrous fuel system wasn’t as bad. Might need to fit a new tank next winter 🤔

Thought I’d better clean the fuel filters on the bus as I’ve not done them for a while…

🫣

The 100 micron cleanable filter doing the job perfectly. That’s the filter for the carbs and was pretty bad, the 2nd filter for the nitrous fuel system wasn’t as bad. Might need to fit a new tank next winter 🤔

@K@rlos So that’s a separate filter going into each carb?
As well as the ‘regular’ fuel filter?

@K@rlos So that’s a separate filter going into each carb?
As well as the ‘regular’ fuel filter?
2 filters and 2 fuel systems

1st is this filter that is inline before the Holley ‘red’ fuel pump and feeds the carbs through a Holley ‘red’ pressure regulator as normal

2nd filter (same sort) is before a Walbro GSL392 fuel injection pump which delivers the supplementary fuel for the nitrous wet system at a regulated 35psi via an EFI pressure regulator with a return line back into the tank.

Last edited:
2 filters and 2 fuel systems

1st is this filter that is inline before the Holley ‘red’ fuel pump and feeds the carbs through a Holley ‘red’ pressure regulator as normal

2nd filter (same sort) is before a Walbro GSL392 fuel injection pump which delivers the supplementary fuel for the nitrous wet system at a regulated 35psi via an EFI pressure regulator with a return line back into the tank.
Wow!
That sounds far more involved than I need to be for my twin 40s!

Latest posts