1970 Savanagh Beige Deluxe, The Sausage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sausage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiya everyone,
Finally picked up my van[my first aircooled so gonna be asking for help i am sure] on Saturday so here is some pics, most of them taken from T2d or beakers blog cos i forgot to take my camera. Its a 70 deluxe that T2d got from Kleft and Klok and then i got it off them. Its had all the mechanics sorted by Paul and his team and a bit of paint blending on the rear corner and slider. Inside isnt too bad but need to get a bed fitted cos only got the rear bench seat in at the mo. Plans are too use it through the summer and then do the interior up through the winter and if funds permit get it lowered properly.
Thanks for looking,
Pete

Nice bus 8) Puppy and the chaps do a great job dont they ;)

Beige bus's are taking over!
Paul and his team did a great job, drove it back from there place and it rode real well and the engine pulled nicely. I was surprised how easy it was to overtake lorrys and its only a standard 1600. My girlfriend was following behind in the Golf and she was well shocked when i started overtaking things on the motorway! ;)
Pete

Is on T2d adjusters on the front but not sure on the back. Think it must be 1 spline by the look of it and is on new shocks all round. Very comfy ride but reckon it needs to go lower but we'll see how i get on with using it through the summer!

Cool in 'n out burger sticker. I saw this bus when they were doing the work on my bus there. Nice looking van mate.

Nice bus, ide love a deluxe as a daily such as yours..............buses drive me mad :lol: i want them allll........Just

Managed to spend some time on the van and have managed to sorta fit a rock roll bed but it was a right pain in the arse to do. Have got it bolted through the seat belt holes in the arches but the kick board sits about 3 inchs off the floor so gonna have to have a rethink. The pictures dont really show it but the gap is huge. I guess i am gonna have to drill a hole each side a little bit lower. Am i right in thinking that most people put 20mm ply on the floor before fittting the bed?
Gave the inside a good brush out and put some fake grass stuff down on top of the cargo mat to make it a bit nicer underfoot, got it from Lidl for a fiver a roll, looks a bit odd but it will do for the summer! Got to fix it properly mind.
So it went from this;

To this:

Sausage said:
Thanks for all the comments guys, glad you like him. I sure do! :D
Live in Brighton Analog, you down this way as well then?

sorry i didnt notice the reply, i used to live in brighton but now just outside , looks like 7 dials from your pics? click on the dweebs banner below my sig and get down to a meet bud, first wednesday of every month down madeira drive, i "sometimes" make them too :lol:

Analog said:
Sausage said:
Thanks for all the comments guys, glad you like him. I sure do! :D
Live in Brighton Analog, you down this way as well then?

sorry i didnt notice the reply, i used to live in brighton but now just outside , looks like 7 dials from your pics? click on the dweebs banner below my sig and get down to a meet bud, first wednesday of every month down madeira drive, i "sometimes" make them too :lol:

I passed on your apologies for your 'no show' last time Barrett ;)

Yeah get yourself down to the next Dweebs meet Sausage, or the next Heritage meet.

thanks steve :D

i think the heritage meet might be in the bus, but its still not running right so will see if not, i'll be in the daily

a week today sausage the next heritage meet

Latest posts