1970 Swiss Army Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alpine Burt said:
Danbury Doug: Agree with what you were saying these ex service vehicles do seem to be very well looked after. I wasnt aware the German buses had the Hand crank start as well, thanks for that. Am thinking along the lines of a removable unit with Cooker Sink, etc, alongside the Buddy seat on the Front Bulkhead. Being a twin slider van, this will be especially useful. And a small wardrobe at the back.

Ah a twin slider too, Tom. My firebus was also. Yes, that was my plan, to have cooker/sink etc on the bulkhead.
Looking forward to following progress. :)

Progress on the interior may be a bit slow as currently extending the Car Port,to get it undercover :) Danbury doug: As you were saying all the ex services Buses have there own appeal. As per the pics below, if anybody can translate what some of the stickers in the dashboard say, that's be ace.

Pics as promised:

100_8193_zps61ce455b.jpg

100_8191_zps9977d012.jpg

100_8189_zpsdc8d2c81.jpg

100_8188_zpsfbef54ec.jpg

100_8187_zpsf772c2ef.jpg

100_7518_zps348771eb.jpg

Tom

Love this panel. How cool are all the period features? Twin slider too. Can't wait to get my own. :msn4:

I love this van.

Interested to see pics of the interior when done. I hope to start work on my firevan soon.
As for the dashboard TurKontrolle=Door control, Blaulicht=Blue light, Alarm horn=Siren, Voltmeter= errm, voltmeter.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the translation :) Be interested to see pics of your Firevan when finished ;) Hope the work goes well

that's very nice and thank gawd it hasn't been hacked with windows etc. :)
going by current swiss prices it would probably be well over £20k if it was for sale here these days. :!:

i had a late bay army bus with that extra alternator, i still have all the fittings for it including the rear facing oil filler/genny stand which yours doesn't have.

maybe seeya over here with it for a show one day. :idea:

Will be worth you getting this months camper and bus, it has a feature on two Swiss military buses which will give you load of detailed photos and info

Cool bus. Now lower the hell out of it. ( awaits for disagreement with this comment ) :)

Pete

Cheers all for the positive comments :D

Ooorwullie:Yes indeed not many unhacked panel vans around these days. Your comments about its respective value in Switzerland are much appreciated, makes me realise even more that its important to keep it original and in A1 condition.Cheers for the info about the Alternator and Genny Stand. Definately hoping to visit Switzerland with it in the future :)

70-CA- Panel: Yes the Crank and the Heater may be more often used than i thought :lol:

petegee56: Thanks for the info about camper and bus, was amazed when i saw all that in there. Slamming: each to there own, not me :lol:

Tom

Found some military bling for your bus Burt. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1312307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts