• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 VW T2 Westfalia Campmobile Early Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eds - Westy

Reaction score
It’s with a heavy heart after more than 10 years of ownership its time to let the westy go and let someone else create some memories in a van which I sorely miss but I have an itch i need to scratch.

I bought the vehicle in 2009 off a guy that imported it from The states. I’m the first owner in the UK. The van spent its life in California and is totally dry and solid underneath.

The van has been maintained regardless of expense and I’ve upgraded many parts over the years spending £1000s. The van has been serviced every 1000 miles. I’ve done just under 6000 miles since ownership as the van has been used for family camping trips and vw shows.

The van is a great appreciating asset but more importantly is something you can jump into and start using this summer.

Upgrades/modifications

Suspension:
Coilovers
Type 2 detectives drop spindles
Adjustable spring plates

Engine:
Stock 1600 twin port
Vintage speed Exhaust
Dellorto 36 DRLA Dual carbs
Leisure battery Split charge
Alternator conversion

Interior:
Original interior
Black vinyl Seat covers
Insulation and sound deadening
Bamboo shelf
Deluxe door bits
Rev counter fitted
Oil temp gauge
Replica Westfalia curtains
New upper replica bunk
Propex heater
New rubbers and seals
Jail bars
Securon cream belts

Exterior:
Part painted and rust proofed under the van
Bumper over riders
California plates

The only areas that require a little bit of attention are the electrics which can be a bit temperamental and the passenger side window won’t wind down all the way.

Any questions, just ask.

Price: £24,500 ono

Listing on eBay: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=303866531101&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

(Trying to get more pics loaded on here, just struggling at the moment, but you can view more on the listing)

The van is now on The Market auction site and must go...
https://themarket.co.uk/listings/volkswagen/t2-campervan/fb081542-b314-4a57-9489-31357f906562?status=live

Hi, has this been sold? Please update.

Latest posts