• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Bay For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

type2tattoo

Reaction score
He's a tax exempt early bay, MOT till July but will get a new one. New recon engine with only a few hundred miles on the clock, new clutch and no oil spots ;) has a home made camping interior, does the job but not finished. He has a 'Riviera' fibreglass sliding roof, CD Player

It really needs the bottom 18 inches repanelled and a new sliding door but would make a great rolling resto

I am looking for 2.5K and am in Winchester 07751 029 072

Johnny said:
a few pictures would help your cause...

Good idea ;) Thanks :)

Basil%2008%20001.jpg

Basil%2008%20008.jpg

Hey dude is it still for sale :?: What's the interior like :?: Am newby on the scene and am looking for my first bus something I can use this summer with my family and do up as I go along any pics of underneath & inside would be good please. :) Cheers Sas

Basil is a 1971 bay window He is very much loved but really needs a sugar Daddy/Mummy to take care of him

He has a new recon engine with 200 miles on it, new clutch and exhaust. New 'Riviera' Fistral sliding glass fibre roof see pics here ... http://www.riveria-roof-company.co.uk/roofs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He has new glass and rubbers in the long rear windows so doesn't leak at all

He has no MOT but the failure sheet says 5 bits of chassis welding to get him back on the road, in the future he will probably need new chassis rails but these are quite cheap.

His bodywork needs a fair bit of attention and could do with the bottom 18 inches all round replaced at some stage, also the sliding door and possibly the passenger door need replacing. He will also need a decent paint job at some stage as he is hand painted.

He has a cd player and a home made interior that needs finishing off but he would make a great rolling restoration project

Basil is a lovely old bus with lots of history, and at 37 years old he is not bad for his age, I hope someone can give him a good home and the attention he deserves

I am near Winchester call 07751 029 072

Info update :- His MOT ran out in July and I took him for a test on 25th July when he failed on the 5 bits of welding, I know he is a bit of a mess but drives really well and would take very little to get him MOT'd

Someone make me a (sensible lol ) offer?

Latest posts