• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 USA Westfalia For Sale - [SOLD]

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cymrusteve

Reaction score
Here goes - been thinking of selling for a while, but finally decided to post an ad. No free time or motivation at the moment to "finish off" the project.

Brief History

1971 Volkswagen Type 2 located in Virginia Beach, VA, USA. Purchased off eBay in late-2008 from a guy living in California. Stored in garage ever since, aside from a short stint in 2009 where work was carried out by a local Volkswagen mechanic.

Pop-top and hinge mechanism found to be damaged beyond repair, so removed in the hope of finding a replacement. Unfortunately, no suitable replacement could be sourced so a makeshift acrylic panel was fitted to cover the sunroof opening. Future plans were to retrofit a rag-top sunroof kit from Paris Beetles, or something similar, but no further developments were ever made. Note: sunroof opening is unmolested and all roof fixing holes are still in place. i.e. it would be easy to refit a pop-top roof if one were available.

Several issues were also found inside the cargo area – the plywood floor was rotted out, surface rust on the cargo floor, sink cabinet damaged, cabinet veneer and trim damaged, and several of the plywood panels were in rough condition too. Decided to completely strip out the interior, remove, treat and paint the cargo floor and refurbish all the cabinets, seats and panels. Check the updates and gallery page at http://vw.stevespeirs.com/ for full details.

Paint from what I can tell is not original, but in good condition with no surface rust. I’m guessing the California owner painted it before selling on eBay. The passenger floor and battery shelf do show slight signs of rust, which of course is pretty common for a vehicle of this age.

Comes with Stiftung AutoMuseum Volkswagen Certificate and clean Commonwealth of Virginia Title.

Asking price $10,000. Buyer to arrange and pay for shipping/transportation.

More images and vehicle info at http://vw.stevespeirs.com/

Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts