1971 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andhoops

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum and have just taken delivery of my 1971 tintop westy I will be updating on here any work or mods I make :)

welcome!

look forward to updates - what are the plans and what's already been updated - engine, suspension e.t.c.?

Nice 8)

Jealous of all these peeps who buy a van and use it straight away, not having to spend 8 years trying to get it roadworthy ;)

No real plans at the moment just going to enjoy using it and going to some shows hope to see some of you out there and as for buying a bus that is ready to use well that was the idea I just swapped this bus for a 66 split so I know all about trying to get a bus on the road so just wanted to drive one for a change :)

Thought I'd go a bit lower on the back and put up a few interior photos :) oh an my nice new full length roof rack

New Years Eve camping! Respect! Looks good too 8)

Thanks for the comments more chassis notching being done at the moment in time for the Volksworld show

Forgot to take any photos of the volksworld show but we went to Big Bang this weekend and it was a good show we really enjoyed it

Have had some issues this week mainly a snapped front beam on Wednesday hit a massive man hole cover and sheared the bolts clean off :( the beam snapped in the middle because it was a home made job that was cut and welded together now had a new front beam fitted just kampers were brilliant and got me a beam powder coated and a servo bracket welded on with 6 hours notice and the guys at gingers vw of waterlooville worked on Good Friday to fit it for me so I could get away for the weekend I can't thank them enough they're grrreat :)

Latest posts