• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Danbury tintop UK RHD excellent stock condition £15950

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATTT

Reaction score
Completely stock condition UK original right hand drive with only 1 owner before me,has been garaged since new and was serviced and maintained regardless of cost
Comes with original stamped service and user handbook.

1972 crossover model,so has the benefit of front disc brakes,but retains the early look with the rounded bumpers and low indicators

Unrestored bodywork
All panels are original with no rust repairs ,original white paint on front cab floor and both steps
Rust free gutters and all original wheel arches and all the usual rust traps,battery tray original

Has been repainted at least 10 years ago and is in lovely condition throughout. Being as factory the panel gaps are perfect ,door alignment is perfect

underside has original factory underseal,I applied a clear wax coating,and sprayed rust killing cavity wax into the doors and chassis even the battery tray is unwelded

Danbury complete interior with removable sink cabinet ,taps,water containers along with the mini cooker under seat and all the wood panels to convert into beds
Sleeps 1 child in front bunk with either 2 singles or 1 large double accross the whole width of the van,and original light cream curtains with plastic black tie backs .Lovely clean whire headlining .
Ive added a hammock bed accross the front seats that fits with small brackets and 2 poles

Theres a rail inside to attach the table and the 4 screw on legs to use the table outside if required

Lovely clean headling,original vinyl rear flooring and carpets,all in perfect condition

Rear seat cushions have just been reupholstered in the closest material I could find to the original

Front seats are untouched in perfect condition and original unworn rubber cab mat

Split charge 12volt system fitted,also has a mains input socket and 240v fusebox under rear seats

Wheels stripped and painted in correct silver paint code with new 6 ply tyres ,new rear shocks,NOS indicator arm,fuel lines replaced

Engine replaced with VAG brand new engine before I bought the van ,ive added a reconditioned correct vacuum Bosch distributor and a reconditioned correct Solex carburetor,with the original stock oil bath filter
stainless steel stock exhaust ,heaters and controls all work fine
3 point non retractable front belts
3 point retractable rear seat belts

Rare crossover tow bar ,used twice to tow our Puck
100% reliable ,we drove to southern France and back no problems,and several shows last year ,genuine reason for sale , due to kids growing up and change of work ,we have owned the van for 4 years
Was taken into the garage twice a year by the old owner and anything that needed to be changed or replaced was done.

In storage at my parents house an hour away from home so I will need a bit of notice for viewing
£15950

Any inspection welcome
tel
07973 322904
evenings 0208 398 3590

provisionally sold
1st person to view bought it
cant say im happy its sold :( but not used it as the kids have grown so got to be realistic
I doubt I will find another one the same if I decide to buy another one in a few years

Latest posts