1972 Devon Moonraker Table Stowage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Air Cooled Rookie

Reaction score
I'm fitting my van with 72 Moonraker interior.
I know one of the tables slides in below the overhead lockers, but where does tolhe second table get stowed?

I've often wondered about this! I have mine beside the rear facing seat which rattles a bit but is out the way. Odd that there just does not seem to be a 'proper' place

The roof storage, for the table is the originally designed place, you may be lucky and still have the "slides" still fitted

From the Devon Moonraker Owmers Manual.

"The table fits into a channel on the side wall, and is inserted in the position shown in the illustration below, before being lowered to rest on its screw-in leg.
The table may be stored by sliding it into the two timber channels suspended from the rear roof locker and a bolt retains this table in place. In the case of the MOONRAKER the second table may be stored beneath the large rear cushion."

Hi Mike. Thanks for the info but I believe many Moonraker owners have two table tops. One with fittings for two legs that goes inside (and stores in channels you mention) and another with fittings for four legs intended to be used outside. It's the second one that does not seem to have anywhere to be stored. Andy

As Mike 732 points out from the Moonraker owners manual, the second table may be stored beneath the large rear cushion. I personally don’t have any tables and intend to eat or drink any thing as required before it has a chance to settle henc no need for a table :eek:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, and here comessssss summer !!! Yay :):cool::cool::)

Agreed, the manual states it goes under the rear cushion. It is only needed if you want to transform the interior seating into the high level double bed, or for use outside, but it weighs a ton so I don't carry it around.

Latest posts