• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 factory Hi-Top **** now sold *****

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chenzo

Reaction score
***** van now sold. ********

We are moving over to the USA later this year and regrettably must sell my van which is in the process of being converted to a camper.

KOU 702L is a right hand drive 1972, crossover, factory Hi-Top, and started life as a panel van, so has the full height, walk-through, bulkhead. Road tax exempt/free.

IMG_6754.jpg

It had a home build camper conversion, with two small side windows, when I got it, but this had to come out in order to sort the chassis. The inner and outer sills have been replaced on both sides, rear suspension attachment structure and other chassis repairs were carried out professionally back in 2010 along with replacement of the front beam and other suspension parts.

So the chassis is solid and it drives well, having passed MOT's each year since then. I have been getting stuck in to making it a full camper conversion for 2 adult + 2 kids, including fitting full size glass windows (I did consider returning it to a panel van, but as it was half way there already, and wanted to camp, decided against it).

3 out of the 4 side windows are fitted and I have the glass for the last one. However, time and circumstances have conspired against me and I now need to sell as moving abroad for work.

So, what's on offer is a van with a sorted chassis needing a window cutting in, the interior installing ( it will come with a brand new Volkswares Full width rock and roll bed, interior panel set, the glass for the fourth window and the seal, set of side channel covers and seals, various other spares and even the original engine (which I had intended to rebuild) and steel wheels. There is also a towbar which came with it.

The Hi-Top makes a great base for camping, as there is no hitting your head and offers loads of options for storage lockers/cabinets, without compromising the living area.

IMG_6749.jpg

It has a 1600 twin port fitted which starts and runs well, although the push rod tubes on one side are leaking, but could still be used as a daily driver. Gear linkages have also been replaced, so no issues there.

IMG_6752.jpg

I basically got it to a decent, driveable state whilst also doing the conversion, and now regretably will not be able to finish it, what with all the things I need to sort out before moving.

Some areas of the body need sorting, but on other buses you might describe these as patina and I would have sorted the paint - my wife wanted dark blue lower, white upper/top. The side channel cover on the right side is off in the photos as the J channel has been replaced, I have just not had a chance to refit the cover.

Van is located in Bicester, looking for £4,000 for what is a blank canvas - complete the camper conversion, make it a day bus or even back to a panel van if that's how you want to roll. I was waiting to install the interior and then it was going to get a tap with the lowering stick. It will come with a fresh MOT as it is due on the 20th July. ** now passed **

Any questions/viewing please ask. On offer here first as I would rather it went to an EB fan rather than and Ebayer.

More photos below, please ask if you want any more/anything specific.

IMG_6753.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6750.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6755.jpg

IMG_6756.jpg

As an update, I got a new MOT on Saturday, 14th July, she went straight through.

The Mot tester commented that he could tell the chassis had money spent on it and was impressed with the condition - I suppose that is what you get for £3500 of work!

Might have some local interest so have put off the eBay ad until next week - someone had already cut the smaller windows in when I got it, slammed hi panels are cool.

Finally back in the UK and now on EBAY!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320988167082#ht_704wt_1156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Needs to go soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts