• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 tin top Westy import project for sale - £3400 ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supercally

Reaction score
A5S9ZSwHwoEvNrI8xdZFDIp2Ufr1aLvq4oQUCJbR0-fr0wNbfIMF7oNpi-aZWbBTIMlG6rHh2iyQ6JFxYMngehvoPR0Rwv2a_V9FW9314wT15zLCC5jV4r50HizSS-cnPrrALKrK3PEs5YPQYbwK_RVRKDmUdGwn289QWhokfSOVlqYzsSYHQfPD3AKWv3Qts-_6HPwCsnAErPQfdXuFkJkGdNvc_rglHwwMGVJSvVq7WrLQj8YtTzEUwa4csydtLsPX4Fou6GMHg9sxxBTWEAR4LX6wqQJ2hUDn-YkDCDfoc3kNyDJ_YzCH36iex37S--jzhgzTY0I-f3oPpS75uRVAQxH2Wd2AhrGXzJHQdUUtWoLf16vDBK29aAeqFcDDe1Rg93RsXsmuPhYLYBtnaIo-bQmFEU513b7dahEWJDzN5scBIKG4HX1UGDWSUYGpzHOk6XY2C8AvH30YI5rGib4yviGhhrUS46GDLCPvQbHLNLIloEBxYNuvGOJD4GtWBBFSnZPc6xdQ_hxS90VrZiZj6nKJu1uWfWOHjO8soWMdog7ONB0v6a7sMx-VC8oXCxj_XNuqYQqXF2U88ctJF33nftuM2Hs=w640-h480-no

1972 tin top Westy crossover, imported from Buffalo, New York state. Arrived at the end of May, all taxes and duties paid, NOVA docs from HMRC are in hand.

After selling my T25 and Mk1 Golf to fund a Bay, I got frustrated at not being able to find a UK van in my price range that wasn't a total basket case. After seeing some buses that had been imported from the US, I had a look on The Samba forum and came across this one, and decided to take the plunge with getting it imported. The background I was given by the previous owner was that a guy had dropped it off at a body shop minus glass interior etc. and saw it after it was stripped and primed and decided not to go ahead and abandoned it. The guy I bought it from had rescued it from the body shop, but it sat in his garden as it was behind his other van in the pecking order for attention.

For a van from the east coast, it is remarkably solid, with the underneath and sliding door channel especially so. The worst spots for rust are the right rear battery tray area, front floor drivers side, an area just in front of the rear wheel, and the rear arch lips. The nose looks like it might have had a little filler, but the rest of the bodywork is pretty straight, with some surface patina. Inside the vehicle, there are small repairs on the wheel arches which aren't amazing, but all else looks pretty good.

All the glass is present, although the front windscreen will need to be replaced as it is cracked.

It rolls well, has good tires and one key that fits the ignition and all the locks!

There is no engine, gearbox, fuel tank or seats. Does come with rear light lenses and clusters, a MDF and solid wood interior cabinet that I picked up on Ebay, but will need some fettling to fit a LHD as was from a RHD.

You can find more pictures of the van here: https://goo.gl/photos/mRhkEdAfZcRko3ev5. The previous owner also filmed a 9 minute walkaround video, which will hopefully answer a few questions: https://youtu.be/82txJokM2Y4

The van is located in Slough, Berkshire. About 5 minutes away from M4 J7.

Looking for £3400 ono.

Drop me a message with any questions or if you want to pop down for a viewing. Ta muchly!

Ian

Latest posts