3/4 glass

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Reaction score
Thought I'd refit the rear window (nice an easy) then the sliding door 1/4 light and 3/4 glass but :evil: :evil: :evil: rubber is from C&C cannot get the 3/4 glass to fit no matter how hard we push. using the cord trick to pull over the lip but the new rubber to metal frame is seriously tight.
Anyone got any tips, I am using lubicant but just to tight :?: has anyone got a pic of the 1/4 light fitted without the 3/4 in place as I can only think that the 1/4 isnt pushed over enough

Hi mate

I had the same problems. Finally got the 1/4 seal in the frame but the rubber is so tight you cant open the window.
When i fitted the 1/4 and 3/4 back in they were very tight. I put the 1/4 in first then the 3/4 if this helps.

As for the 1/4 window rubber the swinging frame fouls on the rubber that makes it tight. With a razor blade i carefully skimmed a layer off all the way round (a couple of times) until the frame swung open. Can be done very neatly if the blades are sharp enough.

As for the 3/4 rubber its the same deal im afraid. Razor blade a layer off of the outer edge of the rubber all the way round(avoiding the outer and inner lips of the rubber). Keep doing this untill its a snug but obviously not a loose fit.
Even the best on the market isnt great tbh but way better than the worst out there.

If your not planning on getting your van painted then id recomend a spray can of Bumper/Dash shine as a lube to help getting the sindows in. Loaded with silicone its a nightmare when it comes to paint prep. But if your not planning on paint work in the near future id say go for it.

Im fitting my windows next week (for the 2nd time) and this is the process il be using.

Good luck

Pix up when your done :mrgreen:

Rich

I fitted ours a few weeks back (avoided the 3/4 1/4 issue for now) and found GT85 to be very effective aswell...

Cheers for the advice :mrgreen: , trimming a tiny amount off worked a treat had another go tonight and it finally went in :D . One of the square corners seems a little skewiff but hopefully once the chrome (plastic) trim go's in it'll straighten up 8)
DSCF2302.jpg

Put mine in after (plastic type).
Stick the trim in a big bucket of realy hot but not boiling water. Makes it nice n soft and easy to fit :mrgreen:

Rich

Latest posts