'70 bay...resto cal...restowagen type thing? dunno really?!?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say, thats quite a nice bus u have there.Do u have Radars/Raders wheels (gunmetal) ??
Those are the exact wheels i will get next month.And did u just installed dropped spindles?
I have dropped spindles on mines,but i will eventually slam it with a narrowed adjustable
beam.

They are South African Sprintstars (or Rostyles).

If you're after some pm Scott Wilson :)

hey 13 windows.... nah mate.... as above... SA sprints.... or Rostyles as they are really called!
no drop spindles or narrowed beams here... just a single foksey adjuster and a 2 spline drop on the back!
cant afford anything more expensive than that!!!

doesnt quite look like this now.....copied this straight from my club forum....

so what have i been doing recently....
well last year i treated the bus to a set of waistline deluxe trim and to follow that i sold my deluxe bumper trim and fitted the bus up with some over riders instead!

DSCF3442.jpg

DSCF3366.jpg

DSCF3450.jpg

chuffed as beans with the look.. so also got myself a set of US plates too!

aaannnnnyway... that was last year and shiney stuff.... but 'this year i haaaaave been mostly sortin' the more important (dull) things...
first off it was up to brians to get the engine sorted...turned out to mostly be bad points gap... but at the same time split manifold boots were diagnosed.... brian also gave me a oil bath air filter which i have now fitted!
got the van to my folkd last week and got to work...

DSCF3909.jpg

turned out the manifold boots were split clean into 2 pieces!!! they were promptly changed as were the sparkplugs and heater hoses.

following this the i stripped the interior clean out!

DSCF3904.jpg

then jacked it up and sorted the play in the steering and greased all my nipples!

DSCF3902.jpg

whilst it was in the air i took the air grinder and did something that ive been meaning to do for a looong time....
i have a foksy adjuster on my front beam...which some will know is located on the top tube...
i find this ridculously hard to adjust as when you have it back down on the wheels to the right height you want you then have to scramble underneath to tighten it back up....but if ya bus is low and you are slightly wider than most like me.... this can be nigh on impossible!
so with the air grinder i cut an access hatch in the cab floorright above the adjuster!!!!

DSCF3906.jpg

GENIUS!!! i cant believe no-one has ever thought of this before!!! now i can fiddle with the ride height with the greatest of ease!!!! genius!!! i then fashioned a cover that fits neatly back over it!

i then turned my attention to the interior..... which incidentally is sitting in my parents dining room!!

so far i have made some coir carpets similar to the mad matz type but probably a quater of the price as i got a end of roll from trago for 40 quid....a nd enough to do the whole van!!! bargain...

DSCF3913.jpg

DSCF3911.jpg

DSCF3912.jpg

DSCF3916.jpg

and thats as far as I have got so far as the 'freak' weather has kind of put paid to working outside!!!

sweet van dooder, saw it at pagination last year and it looks the nuts. I love the Police spot light, was it a bitch to fit? I bet you were nervous drilling through the door pillar?
:cool0041:

you might recognise it if i were lucky enough to get a magazine spread on it....like some others!!!! :D ;)
afraid its not worthy enuf though!!!!!!! :(

maybe also if the eb fraternity would venture to some of the shows down this way....they might see it!!!!!
why is all the good stuff north?!?!?

actually dont answer that!!!!! :mrgreen:

not much to report here really.... apart from i have been learning to pin stripe recently and have finally moved away from the gloss card on an easel and had my first attempt on a 'live' test subject.....

IMG_7965.jpg

IMG_7972.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

also been fighting a mental battle within myself.....
whether to replace the SA Sprints with set of fully polished Torker stylee rims?!?!? :?: :?: :?:
been offered a fairly cheap set but dunno if they'd look right on my bus :?

Loving the Bus, the Santa Cruz screaming hand is a nice touch!
Was the belt line trim hard to fit? :mrgreen:

ahhhh the screaming hand was cleaned off the other day but i still have the stencils if anyone wants one!!!!

windsurfer.....you never replied on about your speedmasters....wanna px for the SA's?!?! ;)

sorry mate..... im getting a bit confused me thinks!

beltline trim....not massively hard.... just gotta take ya time marking the centre of the beltline.....
then drilling 50 or so holes..... that was a bit scarey!!!!!

measure twice.... cut (drill) once as my dad always says!!!! :lol:

thru_a_lupe said:
you might recognise it if i were lucky enough to get a magazine spread on it....like some others!!!! :D ;)
afraid its not worthy enuf though!!!!!!! :( :

This is definitely worthy of a feature, mine made it :mrgreen: :shock: and it doesn't look a sweet as this.

I think you mixed my bus and Windsurfers up, his does show a striking resemblance to mine....bar the Speedmasters :roll:

Top work with the pin striping. 8)

faux said:
I think you mixed my bus and Windsurfers up, his does show a striking resemblance to mine....bar the Speedmasters :roll:

What - surely not? - one imported white LHD early westy looking the same as another???? :scared0016:
Only joking ;)

I am also liking the pinstriping, been thinking about getting mine done - if I ever manage to scrape all the paint off it :?

faux said:

DSC00954.jpg

Don't know what you mean, they're totally different LOL

Latest posts