• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

70 camper sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods Good

Reaction score
Mechanical: Was told it had a larger engine that ran very strong/fast. I had a compression test done yesterday minutes after arriving on a trailer, compression was I believe 130-135 in cylinders 2,3,and 4.
The threaded sleeve came out with the spark plug on number 1, the family and I left for the beach while the
mechanic was trying to fix it, I won't know results of cylinder #1 until Monday. she starts right up, gas pedal or carb mech sticks a little at times, but the engine sounds nice and smooth and idles. Looks like a Dellorto 2 barrel carb as well. Doesn't turn so well when cranked to the left. Brakes need to be bled? as you have to pump the pedal to stop. Maybe a clutch adjustment as well? Didn't go through all the gears on the open road, no brakes no fast speed for me. Owner said nothing about tranny problems and no strange noises as I moved her around in reverse and 1st.

Interior: All there, good original cabinets including the icebox, some extra handles to replace broken/missing ones. Middle ceiling panel is missing, I have an extra for a pattern.
I am including a new set of rear mustard color seat covers (See my Samba Ad and feedback), I put one over the spare in pics. Includes zipperred rear, spare tire, z bed pieces and arm rest material, jump seat top and bottom and a cover for the stool if you ever buy one(stool not included). Snap buttons are also owners responsibility of buying and installing, an easy job! With new covers on the inside, your wife or girlfriend will be thankful!
Original flooring in the back! Extra rear ceiling light. Front dash was dirty!! I quickly cleaned and it looks much better.
Front floors look great under the rubber mat, I brushed quickly but they'll polish up nicely.
Front seats neeed ned pads and covers.

Body: Lots and lots of Patina! Some misc. dings and dents on lower parts, lower front nose has some bondo cracking but damage does not look too bad. Misc. spots on bottom areas have primer and little filler. But, this Camper has solid rockers, and has very minimal rust besides the battery tray.
I've taken lots of pics of the body., look closely, I hide nothing, she looks really, really cool if you like the Patina, and the lower bottom nose area can be made to blend nicely.

Parts: A nice faded patina rear bumper w/ mounting brackets, front bumper as well. Extra cott for up top with nice canvas.
NEW POPTOP canvas still in the box w/ zippers.
Vintage Coke cooler with a rusty bottom but inside is good and it looks cool. Vintage Red Coleman water cooler, childs cot for up front, mosquito net for back, a Set of NEW Covers for the back seats,
and a few other misc. parts.

(I'm also parting out a 1971 westy poptop if you need any other items)
Price includes shipping from me in San Diego, to Thamesport or Tilbury.
ALL fees, charges, loading/unloading, taxes etc. once the ship arrives to the UK port are buyers responsibility. Please read the forums on here and ask other buyers what to expect. You can talk directly with Chris at CFR Lines Shipping Company, he can also explain all fees to expect once she arrives.
For 300 extra pounds, she can be delivered to Derbyshire where you'll save some money on misc. fees, could be worth it if you live up north/midlands.
There are also a few excellent VW restorers who regularly help with importing, MOT's (based on your Bill of Sale price and shipping cost), registering and repairing etc. They can walk you through the process and make life easy for you as well as suggest how to save you money on the taxes.

I have a number of references there in the UK, I always try my best to describe the vans as well as possible, and I'm available by email or telephone with questions and concerns after your purchase.

If you don't want the poptop canvas or my covers, I' can knock off some money.
My cell is 760-535-7990 California Pacific Time
Thanks for your time,

P1060222_30471024x768.jpg

P1060212_30371024x768.jpg

P1060220_3045768x1024.jpg

P1060218_30431024x768.jpg

P1060219_30441024x768.jpg

P1060223_30481024x768.jpg

I can also sell this without the engine and or without the Westy cabinets.
Chrome emblem included!

Hey mate. Has this sold already? I've got cash waiting if not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts