• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 Bay For Sale £8000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Selling my 71 Bay, full description on https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1099578

Couple of pics attached but for more then message me.

Cheers
8ff50866c9dacccc372113117c613334.jpg
daa4bf7e954b52af029b65583355f801.jpg
4bd626dd4c253cfcb53b1ca4fe1d45e1.jpg
21e7810743097f9533eb5b6cc9a14efd.jpg
1c4f8fb1e1d190806061a2f98d6604ae.jpg

VW Type 2 Crossover Bay Window Campervan (Clementine)

I have owned the camper for approximately 9 years and due to family and time commitments I'm reluctantly selling her.

It's a 1971 Crossover bay meaning it falls between the early and late bay models but crucially has the (in my opinion) the more desirable low lights to the front.

Used a few times for as a wedding vehicle and a great way to make a little extra cash.

Over the years I have spent a lot on keeping her in a good running order to get me and the family on holidays to Cornwall. The Engine is a 1600 unleaded which has had some minor modifications for efficiency and reliability these are:-

34 Twin Carburetors
Electric Fuel Pump
Filter King Fuel Filter

To keep an eye on how things are doing on the road I've also fitted:-

Dash mounted VDO rev counter
VDO Oil Pressure Gauge
VDO Oil Temperature Gauge
VDO Volt Meter

Alot spent only last year on the inside which consisted of a new full with rock n roll bed from M1 Campbeds. I went for this option for its sturdy design and integrated seat belts, the bed is then bolted to the Camper van. In addition to the bed I had the vinyl cushions and foam custom made which has rarely been sat on and not at all slept on! The floor was also completely stripped, sound proofed and insulated last year with a high quality laminate. Finally the refurbished original buddy seats were purchased and fitted last year.

The cab is fitted with Porsche 924 seats currently with seat covers on. The seats themselves are structurally sound but in need of refurbishment.

The bodywork as you'll see from the photo's is in need of some work throughout, the main areas are the front panel and arches both areas were allowable on this MOT but need attention.

Just MOT'd for a further 12 months ready for Summer!

Due to the recent MOT exemption changes in May this year the camper should fall into the exemption category due to its age and not incurring substantial changes, having not researched this fully I would suggest checking the eligibility in full around this.

Tax Exempt

Roof rack included.

Full breathable cover included

Also have a replacement early bay grill which will be included.

Serious interest only, I've been as open as possible in the listing and well aware of the bodywork issues with the camper which is reflected in the price.

Thanks for looking and message me for viewing, photos or any further questions.

Jim

Latest posts