71 Dormobile Spruce Up........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferry booked, campsite booked looking forward to taking Ruby (the van) and family back to Spain. Time to check parts tools and get ready :0)

What a great thread, read through the whole lot as we are embarking on our 71 dormy. Lowering first to fit it in the garage. Thanks for all your posts.

Zerotosixty2 said:
What a great thread, read through the whole lot as we are embarking on our 71 dormy. Lowering first to fit it in the garage. Thanks for all your posts.

Thanks for reading, hope my build thread will provide inspiration to keep going and at times act as a useful reference as you'll see on here many of these build threads do :mrgreen:

Another successful family holiday over to Europe 2017, ruby never missed a beat travelling down to Plymouth and then over to Spain eating up a few miles around the north coast and then returning on the homeward Portsmouth and back to rainy Wales....

Will post picture when i sort out how now that PB has pulled the plug

Well as photobucket is playing ball here are the pics of the 2017 trip to Northern Spain, it certainly wasn't as hot as our previous visit but beat the UK weather and was a nice trouble free road trip in Ruby Red, still just about able to squeeze in the wife and 3 kids although growing fast and may need some tweeks as the kids get older...

Need to look at options for our 2018 road trip, thought about leaving Ruby at home but seeing these has given me a shunt :mrgreen:

Nice pics and looks really nice :)
Glad you managed to upload them and share - where you thinking of going this year then??

Just read your thread for the first time. Skipped bits, but what a read. Same conundrum as myself. Had to hand the bus over due to work commitment and the scenario of jobs being ‘just too far out of my remit’. Found a local guy up here in Machynlleth who was a Godsend. Love your considerations about the furniture. We went for modern. You’ve now made me think. Love the feel and atmosphere of original furniture like yours. Well done. 10 years hey? We bought our bus in 2009, so about as long. Lots of money since....but well worth it. I was lucky as you are too. Got loads of history paperwork. Got mine in a folder too. Holistically really satisfying. Brings the bus to life. Cheers for such amazing progress photos too. Priceless information for guidance.

said:
Just read your thread for the first time. Skipped bits, but what a read. Same conundrum as myself. Had to hand the bus over due to work commitment and the scenario of jobs being ‘just too far out of my remit’. Found a local guy up here in Machynlleth who was a Godsend. Love your considerations about the furniture. We went for modern. You’ve now made me think. Love the feel and atmosphere of original furniture like yours. Well done. 10 years hey? We bought our bus in 2009, so about as long. Lots of money since....but well worth it. I was lucky as you are too. Got loads of history paperwork. Got mine in a folder too. Holistically really satisfying. Brings the bus to life. Cheers for such amazing progress photos too. Priceless information for guidance.

Thanks for the kind words again i haven't been on for a while had a fab hol in the uk 2018, spent a couple of weeks down in Cornwall. A beautiful place but weather was not on our side a little overcast, still campsite had a heated pool a nice bar and restaurant.

Crikey not updated in a while, still taking care of Ruby, last years summer hols were down in Padstow, very enjoyable and mixed bag of weather, no real blazing sunshine. Once again Ruby did us proud making the journey down around and back without issues, here are a few pics

Great journey through time - I'm afraid I didn't have time to read it all and may have missed this, but what configuration have you got to seat 5 and are they all with seat belts of some sort?

(I've not long had my 68 Bay and currently have 2x3-point seatbelts in front, with walk-through, and a 3-point and one lap on rear 3/4 rock & roll).

Cheers

fallingoffalot said:
Great journey through time - I'm afraid I didn't have time to read it all and may have missed this, but what configuration have you got to seat 5 and are they all with seat belts of some sort?

(I've not long had my 68 Bay and currently have 2x3-point seatbelts in front, with walk-through, and a 3-point and one lap on rear 3/4 rock & roll).

Cheers

We have seat belts fitted n the rear, due to the Dormobile configuration we have three lap belts fitted. My kids are now 15, 13 and 10 years. Space is becoming a bit of a premium but i think we all still fit. In more recent years my daughter has taken to sitting up front and map reading, with the wife sat in the back entertaining the boys. Works quite well as my daughters much better reading maps and also a calmer passenger :mrgreen:

Just thought you might like to see some images of [PBP 116K] when it belonged to my grandparents. Skimming through these pages shows how much work you've put into her, looks incredible!

ol1HvRz.jpg

8Jji4fY.jpg

Edit: Updated images

FamilyCamper said:
71Dormobile said:
We have seat belts fitted n the rear, due to the Dormobile configuration we have three lap belts fitted. My kids are now 15, 13 and 10 years. Space is becoming a bit of a premium but i think we all still fit. In more recent years my daughter has taken to sitting up front and map reading, with the wife sat in the back entertaining the boys. Works quite well as my daughters much better reading maps and also a calmer passenger :mrgreen:

Hi 71Dormobile, I tried to connect via Volkszone but I see you're more active over here. Just thought you might like to see some images of [PBP 116K] when it belonged to my grandparents. Skimming through these pages shows how much work you've put into her, looks incredible!

Chinon-Loire-88.jpg

Camper.jpg
Great that some people manage to connect their families with their bus. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :mrgreen:

Latest posts