71 Dormobile " The Beginning "

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziedog said:
Gjb4212 said:
Some more bits coming along.
Getting prepped underneath for painting

Weld the seat runners onto new tub and check it fits

Roof about done and awaiting paint. Majority of welding done. Soon to start fitting the new beam and suspension to get it rolling on wheels(thinking Cosmic’s?)

Started to think about colour of paint now!!
12 years and counting. :shock:

In this second picture,I had to look more than twice as the crap in the ribs of the floor and the colour made it really look like floor boards,I’m thinking why would you have put floor boards in??? Then I’m thinking, wow you must be some welder if you can weld wood :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, once seen,I can’t un see :mrgreen:

Wood have been easier to use timber :D :D

Be good for you to be out there next year enjoying the experiences after all those 12 years. It’s 50 this year? So....Gone through it’s midlife crisis? 😉 The new metal work is looking great. 👍

Wish I had had a roller and worked inside ;)
A bit of a difference between the 2 pics.

Trying out what brakes will fit

13C3ACFE-7F49-459F-A270-F86829246D85.jpeg

tight but as good as it gets

F3887583-C88E-4977-BA72-DB63F2C1E380.jpeg

wheels just won’t do! Need some alloys. More 💰

FF9A0252-A924-48E8-B168-50BE0A7D3846.jpeg

I’ve done the opposite and gone back to steels, but it’s just wheels and easy to change if you fancy it. Now forget them wheels a sec and get some paint on the damned thing.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,be nice to meet up in a field somewhere, so get it mobile :)

It’s back on some wheels for the first time in a long time!
needs some weight at the back end😀

DAD7F16A-0697-4714-903E-6C8B1B6DDF79.jpeg

Tucked in,

E43CCEF8-2006-48D1-A66E-1A2E4E455341.jpeg

Adding another hole after spending years getting rid of them

EBBB5B70-9CA7-4FEF-B3F6-A8FEA7A20B7E.jpeg
Onwards and backwards.

The only thing I wish I did when we did ours was that engine hatch! And one to get at the fuel tank sender as well. Never works that thing.

Looking lovely so far!

Looking great. Your lines are impeccable as mentioned ^^^ by YellowBay69. Looks like you have had a mad moment and kicked in again. Be great to see it on the road after all youve done.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,Plans ???

Latest posts