71 front disc brakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyguy

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between early and late calipers as I have a 71 and believe it has 72 onward calipers.

Thanks in advance.

The early setup had thinner pads and narrower pad gap in the caliper, 47mm, and 12mm bolts. The later ones thicker pads and consequently 55mm pad gaps and 14mm bolts. The discs also had different offsets.

Justkampers do the kit to fit late calipers to 71 only spindles - its basically 2 late calipers and 4 spacers for the bolt holes. Fitted this to my 71 and just had to grind a bit off the calipers for clearance.

dubselector said:
Justkampers do the kit to fit late calipers to 71 only spindles - its basically 2 late calipers and 4 spacers for the bolt holes. Fitted this to my 71 and just had to grind a bit off the calipers for clearance.

I saw that and then realised that my 71 has late spindles and therefore late calipers disc and pads.

Skyguy said:
dubselector said:

I saw that and then realised that my 71 has late spindles and therefore late calipers disc and pads.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,brakes,,,,, what are they for :mrgreen:

Latest posts