71 Sunlander - must be the best surviving ..!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Tim's superb 71 Sunlander - not many left of this 1-year only Devon conversion ...

Vwvan012.jpg

Vwvan011.jpg

Vwvan013.jpg

Vwvan014.jpg

Vwvan017.jpg

Vwvan004.jpg

Interior

TimsVan021.jpg

TimsVan020.jpg

TimsVan019.jpg

TimsVan016.jpg

TimsVan015.jpg

TimsVan013.jpg

TimsVan012.jpg

TimsVan009.jpg

TimsVan007.jpg

TimsVan006.jpg

o my god :!:
that is one hell of a van 8)
I think I saw another dreammachine :lol:
very cooooooooool ride 8) 8)

Thanks Guys. Shes totaly 100% original and untouched. Still in factory paint.
Tim :lol:

The reversing lights were fitted by vw as an extra when the van was new. I have only seen one other with them on.

By the power of greyskull!!!! that is one seriously nice van. Welcome dude, and please donate the van to me :D

that is well nice - where has it been kept to keeping it looking that good?

I bought the van just over a year ago. The old guy who had it bought it new and kept it in a garage all its life with a cover over it. He only took it out for family holidays in France during the 70s and 80s. He then cleaned it and put it back in the garage until the next holiday. I heard about it through his daughter. He only sold it because he knew it was going to a good home. It came with factory awning, roof rack and side step. Also original sales invoice.

Thanks for all the great feed back. :D

wow thats cool...there can't be too many left forgotten in garages now. A real diamond in the rough.

HI - do you have photos of the interior you could post? I have a pastel white 1971 Sunlander - haven't seen another more or less original Sunlander interior apart from one featured in the VW Camper mag issue 17 - said it was a Sundowner on the front cover, but was correctly labelled inside the mag as a Sunlander! There are not many about I understand as the conversion was only done for a year. I'm having huge problems posting pics, (have tried photobucket - I don't have broadband if this is why?) so can't share mine at the moment but would love to see the interior of your van. (putting the bed together is like a jigsaw puzzle at first - definitely to be done before you have those few pints!)
lynne

Physical file size of your pics is probably the problem. If they are huge file sizes, your dial-up will probably disconnect half way through.

you can try optimising them using photo-editing software eg paint, photoshop. You can keep the images large but reduce the resolution and file size.

No dialup shouldnt affect your posting of images on photobucket etc.

hope this helps :wink:

id love to see some interior pics if there half as good as the outside ill be impressed

I have sent some pics of inside to Mike. He posted the pics you see here. Maybe he can post those for me too. All my pictures are too big so i had to Email them.The inside is totaly original. I have spoken to David Eccles and he said he has only come across 5 Sunlanders in the last 15 years, only 3 with original interiors. That would be the blue one in the mag, mine and one other. :p

Latest posts