• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 westfalia bay for sale. £7500

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjfasty

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD :D For sale is my 71 early bay westfalia pop top, imported last year, white, this van has never been welded and doesnt need any apart from the usual battery tray area due to acid over the years.
The westy interior is there but some bits are missing... sink, rear headlining, lamp and front pop-on curtain. Its not the best but all works and has been recovered and new curtains fitted (including front).
Has original front hammock and top hammock (that needs a new canvas) so sleeps 3 adults and a child.
Its been lowered on adjusters and a combination of rear splines so it sits level and is as low as you can go without body mods etc.
Its sitting on a new set of black and polished cosmics with new tyres.
Mechanically the van is great, the 1600 twinport runs well with no oil leaks etc, the gear box is quiet and goes in gear lovely.
Four tip monza exhaust fitted so is a little noisy but ok, recent new front ball joints, drop link, steering coupling and repo indicator stalk (£130!).
Heaters work great but need new cables but apart from that every thing works fine.
The roof and poptop roof were professionally repainted last year and a new roof canvas was also fitted.
Being a early 71 van it has a servo and discs brakes.

The body is pretty straight for a 40 year old states van, its got an undamaged nose and the bumpers are pretty good to but at some point in its life it was painted purple inside and out, but the last owner has rubbed most of this off to the original paint (white) so needs repainting or leave as is!! The only panel that's not original is the engine lid and it still has the westy tags on the o/s front arch.

Please dont be put of by the paintwork as this is a really solid van that drives great. Its ideal for someone that hasnt got £10-15k for a van and you can make it your own over time.
Its uk registered and mot/taxed.
Viewing anytime. Paul 07866360985 Surrey
£7500
011-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

022.jpg

017-1.jpg

Squealy said:
Hi there,

Any interior, underside photos? :)

Sorry i have no underside photos as i only have a camera phone wthout a flash but trust me this van has not and does not need any welding apart from the battery tray.

Latest posts