Adding a servo to drums (No disks)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calgonis

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a UK '69 RHD Early Bay with drums all round (Wide 5).

I have read previously online that it's possible to add a servo kit, without changing to disks. (Cant remember where I read it now)

However having just spoken to Creative Engineering, they have told me their servo conversion kit will not work with drums upfront.

Does anyone know of a kit available, to add a servo, that will work with drum brakes all round?

Any help much appreciated.

calgonis said:
Hi,

I have a UK '69 RHD Early Bay with drums all round (Wide 5).

I have read previously online that it's possible to add a servo kit, without changing to disks. (Cant remember where I read it now)

However having just spoken to Creative Engineering, they have told me their servo conversion kit will not work with drums upfront.

Does anyone know of a kit available, to add a servo, that will work with drum brakes all round?

Any help much appreciated.
Interesting, the Brazilian Bays came out with wide 5's until 1983, and they had a servo since 1976 which was the first year of the Bay in Brazil. That is the servo being sold by Heritage today. Do some research, probably the master cylinder Heritage sells with the servo could work. I know the servo works.
Abel

Latest posts