Adrian Flux T*****S

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aogrady

Reaction score
:evil:

Rang them to inform of my chance of address. Bus no longer on driveway, but parked around back in garage parking area, only 11 residents down a private drive. Quiet, no public right of way or throughfare - so you would have thought they would be giving me money? Right?

Wrong! As is isn't on a drive, they have conned me out of £34 quid to change my address details - bear in mind the policy was only just over £100 to start with, and has only 5 months left to run! :shock:

And the Piece De La Resistance - they will now cancel my agreed valuation cover as it now isn't kept on a driveway or garage - even though it has far less traffic than the driveway next to the road on a large housing estate with plenty of traffic, like our old house?! Go figure!!

What a complete bunch of merchant bankers - took me ages to get the agreed valuation sorted, as they twice lost my e mailed photo's, and reduced my valuation by £1000 because of "current market conditions" :lol: :evil:

It's made my renewal decisions next year a lot easier............... :evil: I never really wanted to deal with them in the first place - but at the time is was a cheap deal, i was moving house and could ill afford much more at the time, but needed something sorting.

Grrr! I'm still smarting!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Cheers!

Alistair

i had the golf insurance with em,payed up front.sold the old nail last week with 6 months insurance to go.they told me there is nothing to come back to me.tw*ts,im not with em for van and wont be using em again

fuck em and walk........so how were market conditions affecting the value exactly? at worst they stayed on a plateau but generally prices are creeping

Araon said:
fuck em and walk........so how were market conditions affecting the value exactly? at worst they stayed on a plateau but generally prices are creeping

Would love to walk, wont give them the pleasure they can have my risk and like it, they wont be getting it again!

Will start looking again in February.

Words fail me............ :roll:

Cheers!

Alistair

Don't get me started on these idiots, they will bend you over anyway possible, it took a threatening legal letter from my solicitor to sort out our differences.

aogrady said:
:evil:

And the Piece De La Resistance - they will now cancel my agreed valuation cover as it now isn't kept on a driveway or garage - even though it has far less traffic than the driveway next to the road on a large housing estate with plenty of traffic, like our old house?! Go figure!!
your lucky the t**ts won't accept my photo's as they are over a year old. sent me a letter cancelling my insurance as I hadn'y answered a e-mail the sent me ( I do not check my e-mail account from one month to the next)
I will be going back to performance direct next year no grief from them

I use Footmn James, they have been brilliant with me for the past 5 years......though I haven't had to make a claim yet......... :shock:

used to be with Adrian Flux until they tried to write the van off over £900 worth of damage. Now with footman james not had any problems with 2 claims.

Just moved from them - my premium went up by 100%. :shock:
Got it a lot cheaper, rang them to say I wouldn't be renewing as got it cheaper and they didn't even what to find out if they could beat it..............

I'mcurrently with Sureterm and was going to change to these next year (January) but dont think i'll bother.
Will try Footman James instead now

Yeah, they charge £25 for any old change in policy, that's probably why it was so much to change with 5 months left. I've just had my renewal quote from them for my car and it's almost doubled so the car will be going to another company, if there breakdown cover for europe wasn't so good i'd probably consider swaping the van too.

Do Footman James do european breakdown cover?

I was with aon for ten years or more, now they have moved me on to Footman James.

I believe they just accept your valuation - can anyone confirm this?

They do have some euro cover but probaly not enough to get you home.

I'm only with AF as they are the only ones who will insure an 18 year old on a bay.

I don't know if I'll be with them much longer, I think that Footman James will insure over 21s on bays... 8)

Just got a quote from Footman James for my two vans and they are very good!!

Are there any early cancellation fees that anybody knows about with this company?

Just had a quick look on Footman James for a quote (my insurance isn't up until Jan but thats not long now :shock: ) but it doesn't look like i will be able to go with them :(
Thank you for choosing Footman James for an insurance quotation.

If you are unable to answer YES to the following statements we will not be able to give you an on-line quote and you will be unable to purchase cover via our website.

The vehicle:
• Is over 15yrs of age (Quotes available for younger vehicles please ring the number below for a quotation).
• Has not been modified from the manufacturer's standard specification.
• Is not a grey or parallel import including US imports.
• Is not valued at more than £50,000.
• Is not a Van, pickup, motor home or other commercial vehicle.
• Must be garaged at night.
• Your maximum annual mileage will not exceed 6000 mpa (please ring us for higher options that may be available)

No more than four named drivers to be included on policy

No-one who will drive the vehicle on this insurance:
• Is under 25 years of age.
• Has a notifiable condition that has not been notified to DVLA.
• Has a conviction for non-motoring offences that has not been rehabilitated under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
• Has been refused insurance or had special terms imposed.
• Holds a provisional or non UK driving licence.
• Holds a full UK licence less than 5 years.

Anyone had any issues with these?

via the website.... ;)

my pickup was with them ,broke down in london and recovered me to Cornwall ,vantastic service... :D

sorry op with your troubles with fluxy... 8)

froggy said:
Just had a quick look on Footman James for a quote (my insurance isn't up until Jan but thats not long now :shock: ) but it doesn't look like i will be able to go with them :(
Thank you for choosing Footman James for an insurance quotation.

If you are unable to answer YES to the following statements we will not be able to give you an on-line quote and you will be unable to purchase cover via our website.

The vehicle:
• Is over 15yrs of age (Quotes available for younger vehicles please ring the number below for a quotation).
• Has not been modified from the manufacturer's standard specification.
• Is not a grey or parallel import including US imports.
• Is not valued at more than £50,000.
• Is not a Van, pickup, motor home or other commercial vehicle.
• Must be garaged at night.
• Your maximum annual mileage will not exceed 6000 mpa (please ring us for higher options that may be available)

No more than four named drivers to be included on policy

No-one who will drive the vehicle on this insurance:
• Is under 25 years of age.
• Has a notifiable condition that has not been notified to DVLA.
• Has a conviction for non-motoring offences that has not been rehabilitated under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
• Has been refused insurance or had special terms imposed.
• Holds a provisional or non UK driving licence.
• Holds a full UK licence less than 5 years.

Anyone had any issues with these?

Try calling them mate.

Just got a quote for my two vans, one of them HAS been modified (lowered/alloy wheels/3 beam roof rack etc), both are campers and neither are garaged (on driveway overnight) and they quoted me £484.50 Fully Comp for two named drivers WITH European cover and all the shiny stuff you'd expect from a good insurance company.

Sounds like it sold as far as i'm concerned, just need to find out about cancellation fees (if there are any)

FistralBays said:
Just got a quote for my two vans, one of them HAS been modified (lowered/alloy wheels/3 beam roof rack etc), both are campers and neither are garaged (on driveway overnight) and they quoted me £484.50 Fully Comp for two named drivers WITH European cover and all the shiny stuff you'd expect from a good insurance company.

Sounds like it sold as far as i'm concerned, just need to find out about cancellation fees (if there are any)
:shock: :shock: :shock:
I currently pay less than £200 with sureterm, agreed value, limited mileage (6000) fully comp, me and the wife (named driver), parked on the drive, no insurance accepted alarm system
No breakdown cover but got AA through the bank.
Maybe Sureterm aren't that bad if thats the best quote you can get.

Latest posts