Advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.R.

Reaction score
Ok, I need some advice and opinions please. I'm a big fan of keeping a bus as og as possible. Can't decide what to do with the bus. I like the og paint look but don't want a healthy bus to rust. Is there anyway of protecting the body without a respray? Secondly, if I did give it a respray but kept the interior as is, would this look ok or not?
I haven't got a pic of the bus as I haven't worked out how to do this yet? There's a pic on my last post. I'd welcome any opinion.

Big thanks goes out slammedresto for selling me the bus, cheers Gary.

Ahh Gary's old red bus.

If me i wouldn't respray as it has loads of character and looks top notch.
I would give it a coat in Anchor wax which would protect from the elements.
What most people forget is that rust eats inside out in most cases so makes sure all the cavities get waxed etc...........

My best advice though would be to use the van over the coming year and get a feel for it before you even consider doing expensive things as if new to bus ownership there is no guarantee you will like it.

Mike

Strip out the interior panels and fill the cavities with Waxoyl or Ankor Wax, slather the underside in the same, or paint the underside in Rust Bullet or POR15.
Regularly wax polish the outside and ensure any perished rubber seals are replaced. Keep the bus clean, top and bottom.
Garage it if possible, or get a decent cover - I reckon it will stay just fine. :)
I really wouldnt repaint that bus .... :?

Thanks for the advice, just what I wanted to hear.

What's best for cleaning up the seats? I'm not going to repair any rips just clean enough to get my mrs on board!

Paul.R. said:
Thanks for the advice, just what I wanted to hear.

What's best for cleaning up the seats? I'm not going to repair any rips just clean enough to get my mrs on board!

Take them out and just scrub them with a nail bush and some detergent - I used sugar soap, but washing up liquid will do a good job.
When the sun comes out then if you have a pressure washer, they can help.

try frost.co.uk for different products you can order a catalogue.

They have just about everything you need with good descriptions of where to use them. if they are expensive you can source the same elsewhere but i found the catalogue handy to show what you can buy for the specific job.

Biological washing powder is also great for getting headling and seat really clean with little scrubbing.

Latest posts