Agreed Value and Cherished Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

type2tattoo

Reaction score
Be warned people if you think your insurance company might give a toss about your vehicle in the event that you have to claim, they just take your money and run. I have had to deal with the underwriters Ageas all through my claim and they are a bunch of soulless money men. Don't pay more thinking you will be treated better.

Also always send your photo's every year for agreed value (Adrain Flux <-< have stopped reminders) and if you haven't done it you still pay the same until it comes to a claim then they wriggle out of it. ..... lots of swear words!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

Cherished have pulled sponsorship of the site so we wont be actively supporting them as they are no longer supporting us.

I thought I would share my story if anyone's interested. Last year I too have had the unfortunate experience of having to claim against my Insurance Company for a fire, and so my heart goes out to you typre2tattoo and you are certainly right to warn everyone of the pitfalls. You have really had an awful time with these insurers. We are right to watch out for bad companies but here's a story about a good company. I hope you don't mind me sharing it type2tattoo.
I had my bus 9 years ago and for the last 4 years I was insured with Highway Insurance who are underwritten by LV or Liverpool Victoria. The policy was a classic vehicle type policy only accessible using a broker, and I used a broker called Advance Insurance. I had a simple Market Value Policy and hadn't submitted any photos to confirm condition etc. I do understand, and please remember that every claim will be have an individual set of circumstances, it's an horrendous experience, and that's before you have to take on the insurers. I was lucky enough to receive both service and compensation above what I was expecting, with big thanks to Clem I must add, and the process was really smooth. Like I say, I was really lucky because I simply chose the policy as it was one of the cheapest policies I could find, never thinking it would happen to me..... I will be staying with these insurers as long as I can, and they agreed to insure my replacement EB without loading the premium following my claim. I also have my cars and bike insured with LV too.

Latest posts