Aircooled '14 - New Aircooled only event 27th-29th June 2014

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
So after talking about it for the last few years we've finally got plans in place for an Aircooled Only VW Show for 2014.

Heres some preliminary information:

Dates - 27th-29th June 2014
Location - Stratford Racecourse, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire.

Its been hard finding a date that doesnt clash with other events and are currently looking at this as a Bi Annual show to alternate with the EBI event held in Belgium, so have chosen the the dates that EBI would have been on.

We are in the early stages of planning with tickets going on sale in the new year, likely cost is going to be £25 per adult for the weekend with kids going free but will finalise that once tickets go on sale.

The whole inner area of the racecourse is available for the show & campsite with the plan to make the campsite area for aircooled vehicles part of the main show rather than as a separate camping area, due to this the only vehicles allowed into this area will be aircooled apart from support vehicles belonging to traders & caterers.

There will obviously be the obligatory 'Early Bay Line up' as well as other Club Displays and plan to have a number of trophies including Best Club Stand but these will be based on Vehicles & Club stands within the Aircooled Camping area itself rather than having to move vehicles.

We are hoping that the trade area will be selling aircooled parts only and associated items, we would rather turn away trade stalls than fill the site with what I regard as 'tat'.

Theres lots more ideas in the pipeline and once these have been finalised we'll post more details.

We are currently talking to traders, sponsors, caterers etc so if you know anyone that has a trade stall or they fancy becoming a show sponsor then put them in touch, email address for the show is [email protected]

What makes us thing we can make a success of this?, well for those that don't know Midland Early Bay was initially set up alongside my event project management business an industry that I've worked in for over 25 years. These days I spend more time buying, selling and working on buses but still do the odd event here and there for long term clients, so running and managing events is not something new to me.

Good on you Graham. Really looking forward to this one. Should be a great EB turn out too. :D

Don't think we'll be able to trade Graham but hopefully will make it as normal punters :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Great to read about this finally coming together Graham - good news. Fits with us as we should be back from our summer adventures in Spain and France in the bus and its the week before Cornbury so could be just right :D

It's great to put a show entry on my calendar just as the weather begins to turn bad. Looking forward to it, thanks Graham.

Kev

8)

Im sure there is a thirst for an aircooled only event in the UK. The very best of luck!

Latest posts